Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So what do miss from the UK?

So what do miss from the UK?

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 2:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what do miss from the UK?

Originally Posted by Fairyangel
We have been here since Feb 10th and the only thing I miss is family and friends.Living in UK all my life we love it here there are a few things that take getting used to but on the whole we already dread going back to the UK to live.It was very lonely the first few weeks here very homesick but it gets easier.We have brought our youngest son with us he was 18 2 weeks ago and took him to the Hard Rock Cafe to celebrate it was nice but if we would have been at home we would have had his mates around and had a party.We dont know many people here yet.My other three children are back in Uk the next one is in Bangor Uni and the other two have there own homes and partners.Before I came to Dubai to make it easier I planned a trip back to the UK for 4 weeks to visit everyone we have kept our house in UK so my son and myself will stay there as my husband is in work he will stay in Dubai.Anyway Im waffling on and going off topic just to say Dubai is fantastic just miss family and friends.

it takes time to get used to Dubai but once you do it's great!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

IM ON MY WAY !!!!!!!!!

In 3 hours i leave to start my new life, thankfully not from terminal 5
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
IM ON MY WAY !!!!!!!!!

In 3 hours i leave to start my new life, thankfully not from terminal 5
good luck and safe journey...

MM, xx