Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So what do miss from the UK?

So what do miss from the UK?

Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So what do miss from the UK?

Originally Posted by pauldxb
APART FROM WHAT YOU MISS WHERE IS BETTER TO LIVE HOME OR UAE ?(SORRY NON-UAE RESIDENTS THIS IS A PERSONAL QUESTION)
I've only been here 9 weeks and I miss the Toon already, saying that its most likely missing all my mates, family and going to the match.

I'm already thinking that it is going to be hard to leave here. Whenever that will be, the plan is 2 years but it could be a lot longer.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Southern France. Why did I leave
oh aye, I used to live in a flat at Bondi Beach in Sydney, that was truly amazing.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

lived there 5 years 1995-2000. was stupid to leave especially taking into account I moved to Belgium.
heh, you dumpling.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

lived there 5 years 1995-2000. was stupid to leave especially taking into account I moved to Belgium.
Ok your right there
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Ok your right there
it was to Antwerp which was a cool city. Got worse after that. Moved from there to Kingston (Surrey) and from there to a tiny town on the southern coast of Norway.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I've only been here 9 weeks and I miss the Toon already, saying that its most likely missing all my mates, family and going to the match.

I'm already thinking that it is going to be hard to leave here. Whenever that will be, the plan is 2 years but it could be a lot longer.
Friends & family i agree, the toon....i duno about that but hey you have won 2 in a row, so overall you would rather be there than the UK ?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

it was to Antwerp which was a cool city. Got worse after that. Moved from there to Kingston (Surrey) and from there to a tiny town on the southern coast of Norway.
What do you do ???? Or do i want to know...Bond......James Bond
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

What do you do ???? Or do i want to know...Bond......James Bond
Shipbroker. or at least thats what I'm supposed to do.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:59 am
why ayeeeee man!

why all the moves? this sounds like the prgramme 'quantum leap'.

Oh boy.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:00 am
why ayeeeee man!

Friends & family i agree, the toon....i duno about that but hey you have won 2 in a row, so overall you would rather be there than the UK ?
I'm very happy here, just miss my mates, but back in 2 months then back in august....then NYE.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:03 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I'm very happy here, just miss my mates, but back in 2 months then back in august....then NYE.
When I first left my home town (Back in 91, moved to London) I made the decision to stay in London for a minimum of 9 months before my first visit back......

I had met too many people who went home on avg once a month and then complained they felt homesick....

Wherever you go, the first things you tend to notice are the things that annoy you, it takes a while for that to pass and start to enjoy it for the good stuff..........

I have been moving around ever since, had some good moves and some not so good moves, but always take something positive from every one......
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

APART FROM WHAT YOU MISS WHERE IS BETTER TO LIVE HOME OR UAE ?(SORRY NON-UAE RESIDENTS THIS IS A PERSONAL QUESTION)

UAE is my home.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
You can tell Ive been away for a while, coz I get pissed off when, having flashed someone to pull out in front of me, there is absolutely NO recognition from the other driver.........
ha, that's nothing...

Went to the car wash after work last night... Epco on Al Wasl. I was at the end of the queue and on the other side of the queue is some area that people park in. Someone came out of the garage shop, got in their car and of course I was blocking them. So, they tooted and I obliged by reversing back so they could get out of their space.

Nice gent, non-expat, swiftly reversed out of his space, straightened up and voila, he was in the car wash queue IN FRONT OF ME!!!! Arrogant f***er!

Suffice to say, after he game me some wave as if to say "suck it up" I left the garage in a foul mood and proceeded home with a still dirty car.

Things like that ROYALLY piss me off here, even though I try to ignore it. I always know that once 3.30 on a Thursday arrives its good times for a few days though.

I absolutely love the weekends here!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When I first left my home town (Back in 91, moved to London) I made the decision to stay in London for a minimum of 9 months before my first visit back......

I had met too many people who went home on avg once a month and then complained they felt homesick....

Wherever you go, the first things you tend to notice are the things that annoy you, it takes a while for that to pass and start to enjoy it for the good stuff..........

I have been moving around ever since, had some good moves and some not so good moves, but always take something positive from every one......
I know how that feels. Have moved 11 times since the beginning of 1995.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

well I'm back to see my mates and its my mams 60th, so I know she'd appreciate it. We're back in august for a wedding and NYE for a wedding as well, they're not just trips back for no reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.