Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So then- Valentines day

So then- Valentines day

Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:18 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So then- Valentines day

lol - nearly had a heart attack to see my cakes like that! Glad they went down well!

Saying that, poor Mr Kitty didn't even get any [cakes] this morning! Nor a poxy card for that matter... they're all so rubbish here and for the price, I may as well draw a sickly-sweet teddy surrounded by hearts on a bit of paper and pocket the 40AED myself.

---------
Kittycat - I can't believe you haven't seen the FB page yet. Tut Tut!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Meow- Lucky you!

Hello Kitty- I will have a looksie tonight! They look delicious! I'm back on the diet now though so can only drool at them-I wonder if you can taste them if you lick the screen.... a moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips and all that!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I woke up with my Mrs today in bed and pulled out a funny card and soppy card from under her pillow. She was over the moon. Didn't expect me to even remember or acknowledge Valentines Day (It is after all a complete sham).

She made me lunch, as simple as it is, it's a brilliant lunch. All my favourites. Probably going to make it into the Top 5 Lunches of all time.

Simple things, little surprise and making sure that you remember you're with someone 365 days a year and not to show it just on one day in February.

Now I'm off to take some man-up pills to reset the balance.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:38 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
...poor Mr Kitty didn't even get any [cakes] this morning! Nor a poxy card for that matter... they're all so rubbish here and for the price, I may as well draw a sickly-sweet teddy surrounded by hearts on a bit of paper and pocket the 40AED myself...
You obviously don't shop at Lulus.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:42 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sross2203
I woke up with my Mrs today in bed and pulled out a funny card and soppy card from under her pillow. She was over the moon. Didn't expect me to even remember or acknowledge Valentines Day (It is after all a complete sham).

She made me lunch, as simple as it is, it's a brilliant lunch. All my favourites. Probably going to make it into the Top 5 Lunches of all time.

Simple things, little surprise and making sure that you remember you're with someone 365 days a year and not to show it just on one day in February.

Now I'm off to take some man-up pills to reset the balance.
'top 5 lunches' - like that, what was it?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
McDonalds on warmed plates?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Unfortunately for me it isn't lunch time yet but;

Bacon, cheese and salad sarnies, sausage roll, grapes, banana, bag of sweets (those purple things that should be horrible but the soapy flavour is strangely enjoyable, love hearts, refresher bars and a turkish delight), crisps and bottle of ribena.

It's honestly like being at school again (not that school packed lunches were that long ago for me).
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
McDonalds on warmed plates?
I wish.

My office at the moment is in Lymington, Hampshire. It's about as upper middle class as you can get. Nearest Maccy D's is back near home in Southampton.

Closest thing to fast food here is the Marks and Sparks cafe.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy your sausage roll! not so reaily available out here!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
enjoy your sausage roll! not so reaily available out here!
Don't remind me.

Ordered a fry-up at the hotel when i was there.

Veal bacon and Chicken Sausages. £24.

Nearly cried.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

chicken sausages don't count as sausages
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and turkey bacon isnt bacon
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Agreed.

Now imagine my disappointment realising this mistake after an overnight flight with no sleep and refusing to eat the shi*e that Branson's lot served as food.

Might be a stupid question, but is bacon or are sausages readily available to buy at supermarkets etc?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep spinneys and Waitrose both have pork sections but it isn't as cheap as tescos!

I love going tinto teh pork section at Waitrose Dubai mall- Im fascinated by how much product obviously has piggy in it!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Good.

Not sure what life is like without Bacon. Must be miserable.

What are you doing for Valentines tonight then Kittycat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.