British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So then- Valentines day (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-then-valentines-day-705263/)

kittycat1 Feb 13th 2011 4:31 pm

So then- Valentines day

Happy Valentines everyone- for tomorrow :wub:

So, I am dieing to hear what you boys consider romantic and what you are treating your loved ones to? I'm sure there must be some trainwrecks waiting to happen! Ladies- any high expectations?

:wub::wub::wub:

xxx

Brains1983 Feb 13th 2011 7:14 pm

Re: So then- Valentines day

Gave the mrs the midnight collection from ghd (for wedding anniversary) and the stuff you put on the hair to stop it burning for valentines day. Made up for the xmas present, she thought a satnav was a shit present.

I got a signed Peanuts comic strip which I'm quite chuffed with.

Neither very romantic, but it would appear we are both happy.

Going for a meal tomorrow at one of the restaurants at the souk.

Brian

Millhouse Feb 14th 2011 3:20 am

I bought 6 roses...

dull and thoughtless? well they were these:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_512445_n.jpg

home-made by Hello.Kitty no less and rather nice indeed!

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2011 4:30 am

hello Kitty- I am drooling- they look delicious! Are you sending 6 to all BE members?

Meow Feb 14th 2011 5:25 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9174460)
I bought 6 roses...

dull and thoughtless? well they were these:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_512445_n.jpg

home-made by Hello.Kitty no less and rather nice indeed!

Those cakes are very cute. :)

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2011 6:38 am

Can I have my nice fluffy thread back please?

Bahtatboy Feb 14th 2011 6:50 am

Happy Valentine's Day, KittyCat :wub:

Lorna at Vicenza Feb 14th 2011 6:56 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9174706)
Can I have my nice fluffy thread back please?

You can. Have a nice day/evening Kittycat.

No Valentine for me this year. OH left for the UK for work this morning. If I'm lucky he might remember to bring me back some bacon:fingerscrossed:

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2011 7:04 am

:o @ bahtatboy

Lorna- I can't remember the last time I went out on Valentines- I should be anti valentines day really but how can you be against love... I did have a rose on my desk this morning ( as did every woman in my company) from my boss which was very sweet. :D

Lorna at Vicenza Feb 14th 2011 7:11 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9174733)
:o @ bahtatboy

Lorna- I can't remember the last time I went out on Valentines- I should be anti valentines day really but how can you be against love... I did have a rose on my desk this morning ( as did every woman in my company) from my boss which was very sweet. :D

My first Italian boyfriend brought me a huge box of chocolates. I picked the one in the centre of the box, popped it into my mouth and bit into it. Thick, gooey, coffee liquer came out. I ran to the loo with my hand clamped firmly over my mouth until I could spit the offending chocolate out and then I vigourously brushed my teeth. Coffee in any shape or form makes me feel violently sick. I did feel a little bad when I saw the look on his face though.

OH can't be bothered with anythiong related to Valentine's Day but he does know I'm always happy after a bacon sarnie.

A rose now and again would be nice.

Bahtatboy Feb 14th 2011 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza (Post 9174739)
My first Italian boyfriend brought me a huge box of chocolates. I picked the one in the centre of the box, popped it into my mouth and bit into it. Thick, gooey, coffee liquer came out. I ran to the loo with my hand clamped firmly over my mouth until I could spit the offending chocolate out and then I vigourously brushed my teeth. Coffee in any shape or form makes me feel violently sick. I did feel a little bad when I saw the look on his face though.

OH can't be bothered with anythiong related to Valentine's Day but he does know I'm always happy after a bacon sarnie.

A rose now and again would be nice.

Oh for a lady who prefers a bacon sarnie to over-hyped Valentine's Day marketing nonsense. [sighs forlornly...]

Meow Feb 14th 2011 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9174774)
Oh for a lady who prefers a bacon sarnie to over-hyped Valentine's Day marketing nonsense. [sighs forlornly...]

I think many of us would. Naturally the sarnie must be heart-shaped today ;)

I loathe the proliferation of red and pink fluffy shit that you find everywhere these days. Even when I was a child it was a low-key event and ewe knew that cards were supposed to be unsigned and from a mystery admirer. The whole thing is just a marketing wonk's wet dream and bought into by morons with no imagination. If you can only be 'romantic' one day a year by buying a bunch of red roses, a teddy bear and a crappy card, it's a pretty poor show IMO.

And no, I'm not bitter because no one loves me!!

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2011 8:06 am

See meow I beg to differ- yes it is all the card shops expoiting us, however how often do people tell each other they love each other- not often enough- so Valentines day is just a reminder to say it out loud just in case you don't say it enough already. And of course if your lover wants to whip you off for a romantic weekend whats wrong with that- yes he should do it more often but sometimes we forget to say and show how we feel and a little reminder is just what we need, in the same way as christmas is a reminder that you should see your family. Feel the love Meow :wub:

kittycat1 Feb 14th 2011 8:07 am

Having said that I do love a bacon buttie but sadly my hips do not! mm yum with brown sauce mmm

Meow Feb 14th 2011 8:10 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9174791)
See meow I beg to differ- yes it is all the card shops expoiting us, however how often do people tell each other they love each other- not often enough- so Valentines day is just a reminder to say it out loud just in case you don't say it enough already. And of course if your lover wants to whip you off for a romantic weekend whats wrong with that- yes he should do it more often but sometimes we forget to say and show how we feel and a little reminder is just what we need, in the same way as christmas is a reminder that you should see your family. Feel the love Meow :wub:

I hate being told that I have to be romantic on a certain day. And Valentine's Day is supposed to be for single people to declare their interest, not for old marrieds to sit in restaurants and not talk to each other.

Plenty of love and romance in my life year round, but it's real and not just for one day. :)