Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of
Default Re: So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Ooer misuss, is that an Italian suppositry?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
There's an innuendo in there somewhere...

N.
Could be something to do with anthropopism, I suspect.....
Old Jun 21st 2011, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sherri - you are the king of the deleted post - any idea what the ratio is of the posts that you delete to that you allow to remain up? Must be almost 50:50.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Could be something to do with anthropopism, I suspect.....
I was hoping it had something to do with the Nazis...apparently I compare everything to them...perhaps Hitler was into angling?

N.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I think Hitler was more into taking over the Sudetenland....
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:46 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I think Hitler was more into taking over the Sudetenland....
He was a painter and a vegetarian who was also against smoking - so train set builders who eat meat are safe

N.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He also suffered from flatulence, which might be why he was so against smoking.
Anyway his train set was full size, and apparently ran on time...unfortunately to appalling destinations.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:24 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Sherri - you are the king of the deleted post - any idea what the ratio is of the posts that you delete to that you allow to remain up? Must be almost 50:50.
Its not him ,there is an automatic quality control filter on the forum that deletes the posts.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
Its not him ,there is an automatic quality control filter on the forum that deletes the posts.
hell, if that were true, this would be a very quiet forum...!

MM, xx
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:36 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
hell, if that were true, this would be a very quiet forum...!

MM, xx
Its default level is rock bottom, but he has managed to drill to a level below that
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:37 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its default level is rock bottom, but he has managed to drill to a level below that
Yeah, I hear him coming...
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha, think you might be right...

MM, xx
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Sorry Millhouse, you’re right the ratio is probably 50:50 .

I’ve got to be careful with a few things here u knw particularly if the subject is a key member of the monastery, just keeping to my oath nothing more.

This particular ‘delete’ was in response to Norm’s another delusive post then checked my calendar and realised it’s a busy week ahead and can’t be arsed with pages of meaningless dogfight.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

You are right Sir

Aye hang on a sec!! Your posts will be deleted in approximately 49 secs, you have managed to drill to a level below the default by commenting on sherri.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:52 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Sorry, was sleeping

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...l-railway1.jpg

Yes it is Railway Modelling as I learned reading well known (to railway modellers) publications and books. I don't know where I stashed my collection so unfortunately can't find the source material. I recall distinctly that railway modelling was mentioned as 2nd most popular after angling and the #1 most popular hobby amongst the clergy.I forgot about gardening so realistically I think Railway Modelling is number 3.

This is the only online source I could find with a few minute search

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...8870065.print/
My first thought there was...

"What have the clergy got against fishing??" The amount of times fish comes up in the Christian religion, you would have thought they would have been well up for dipping their line...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.