Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:25 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So take a guess at the 2nd most popular hobby in Britain

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Don't think it is 'Going to the Pub.' That used to be an Occupation rather than a Hobby for some. Besides, so many pubs are now closed.
When you think about it so many pubs and churches are closed or not in use now...makes you wonder how long before they openly declare Britain is an Islamic state

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:27 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

What an extremely strange thing to say.

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
When you think about it so many pubs and churches are closed or not in use now...makes you wonder how long before they openly declare Britain is an Islamic state

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

N.
It's well on its way! - Urdu is the most common language spoken in Bradford! Perhaps we should create a Cell of Sleepers called 'Anglican Fundamentalists,' or launch the 'Provisional Wing of the Salvation Army?'
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:07 am

WakeUp is an unknown quantity at this point

Please save us from another one of these.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:24 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It's well on its way! - Urdu is the most common language spoken in Bradford! Perhaps we should create a Cell of Sleepers called 'Anglican Fundamentalists,' or launch the 'Provisional Wing of the Salvation Army?'
Urdu being spoken in Bradford as the common language is simply a sign of the failure for immigrants to integrate because of successive government’s failure to demand all people in the country must learn and speak the same language.
Seeing Halal food for sale everywhere (unlabled to those who don't want it), women in burkhas, separate courts for Sharia law, and people going to court for insulting the Islamic religion etc...that's a sign of encroaching Islam into Britain.

I actually think more and more that British people (and I mean native Britons and those immigrants who fully integrate and do not want separate laws or a religiously led government) will end up like the Copts in Eygpt within a hundred years or so - because I don't see any pride whatsoever in us. I'm sure if a referrendum was held specifically on this issue the result would be shocking...like it was when the Swiss held one on Minarets. Democracy isn’t acceptable anymore because it spoils the plans of the spineless elite.

"Provisional Wing of the Salvation Army": Known for it's musical attacks using marching bands to drown out the call for prayer hehe.

N.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

"Provisional Wing of the Salvation Army": Known for it's musical attacks using marching bands to drown out the call for prayer hehe.

N.
Oooooh! - And all of those Tambourines!

I never had much time for TBW (Margaret Hilda Thatcher) but I did like one of her quotations (probably anecdotal), when commenting on a Planning Appeal.

"We will have the call to prayer at UK Mosques when Church Bells Ring in Riyadh!"
Old Jun 19th 2011, 1:25 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Urdu being spoken in Bradford as the common language is simply a sign of the failure for immigrants to integrate because of successive government’s failure to demand all people in the country must learn and speak the same language.
Seeing Halal food for sale everywhere (unlabled to those who don't want it), women in burkhas, separate courts for Sharia law, and people going to court for insulting the Islamic religion etc...that's a sign of encroaching Islam into Britain.

I actually think more and more that British people (and I mean native Britons and those immigrants who fully integrate and do not want separate laws or a religiously led government) will end up like the Copts in Eygpt within a hundred years or so - because I don't see any pride whatsoever in us. I'm sure if a referrendum was held specifically on this issue the result would be shocking...like it was when the Swiss held one on Minarets. Democracy isn’t acceptable anymore because it spoils the plans of the spineless elite.

N.
You'll be thrilled with what's happening in tower hamlets in London the norm, if you're unaware I'll leave you the joy of googling it in news
Old Jun 19th 2011, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

On the basis of the replies I'd have to say 'rampant racism'

What do I win, a gollywog?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:46 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Doing crosswords?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think it is 'Going to the Pub.' That used to be an Occupation rather than a Hobby for some. Besides, so many pubs are now closed.
I think that you might just be able to find one still open in your 'hood, wherever that may be.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
I think that you might just be able to find one still open in your 'hood, wherever that may be.
Been there, done that one, and have the medals and tee shirt! I got asked 'How long I had been in prison?' - When I asked for an ashtray! I paid the deposit for the glass, went outside, had a smoke and a G&T (extrortionate price), and then left!

Last edited by jackthehat; Jun 19th 2011 at 4:54 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irich
On the basis of the replies I'd have to say 'rampant racism'

What do I win, a gollywog?
No a Teddy Bear I have just made! I bought the toy for Dhs 10/- gave it a badge with 'Mohammad' on it, and plan to sell it for Dhs 20/- Have I made a prophet?

Last edited by jackthehat; Jun 19th 2011 at 4:39 pm. Reason: Spolling
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

No a Teddy Bear I have just made! I bought the toy for Dhs 10/- gave it a badge with 'Mohammad' on it, and plan to sell it for Dhs 20/- Have I made a prophet?
only if you make another one and name him Ali.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Alright so I will refrain from providing (or confirming) the answer till either someone stumbles upon the right answer or the thread goes into page 2 , whichever comes first.

What is Britain's 2nd most popular hobby.

Angling is # 1
We are now on page two, what is the answer?
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:03 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.