British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So, a swedish massage then (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-swedish-massage-then-633945/)

captaincaveman Oct 4th 2009 5:53 pm

So, a swedish massage then

The wife convinced me to try out the spa on holiday in hong kong a couple of weeks back.

I am now a convert - loved it, booked in everyday, even had a pedicure.

Arrived back in Doha full of plans to discover that i can only get a massage by a man.

NOW - none of the HK stuff had a 'happy ending' - just really liked it - BUT being massaged by a women seems right, by a man seems, well, just gay.

How come these locals stone gays but enjoy a good oiling and rubbing from a man?

Am i just an old fashioned homophobe from the north of england?

Not going for one anyway.:thumbdown:

MacScot Oct 4th 2009 6:01 pm

Re: So, a swedish massage then

Therapeutic massage > Swedish massage > Ego massage ! :rofl:

Millhouse Oct 4th 2009 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by captaincaveman (Post 7988655)
The wife convinced me to try out the spa on holiday in hong kong a couple of weeks back.

I am now a convert - loved it, booked in everyday, even had a pedicure.

Arrived back in Doha full of plans to discover that i can only get a massage by a man.

NOW - none of the HK stuff had a 'happy ending' - just really liked it - BUT being massaged by a women seems right, by a man seems, well, just gay.

How come these locals stone gays but enjoy a good oiling and rubbing from a man?

Not going for one anyway.:thumbdown:

I have to agree with you. I have regular massages and physio for a back problem... but I just can't bring myself to let a man near me. Which is a shame, as deep down I know that he would probably do a better job.

MataHari Oct 5th 2009 3:51 am

yes

The Dean Oct 5th 2009 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7989699)
yes

And rightly so..............

Norm_uk Oct 5th 2009 6:56 pm

Sounds like you're uncomfortable with your sexuality...a homophobe would be scared of a gay man touching them specifically. I suppose if you see massage as somehow sexual you would be uncomfortable with a man touching you though. But then how many women would be uncomfortable being massaged by another woman - what's the difference?

N.

Patsy Stoned Oct 5th 2009 8:16 pm

I don't have a prob having a massage by either sex, it is a non sexual treatment..get over yourself!!

Autonomy Oct 5th 2009 11:10 pm

IT MOVED!!!!!!!!!!

abner Oct 6th 2009 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7992060)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: A heartfelt thank-you for that link...! I've probably seen about 75% of the Seinfeld episodes, but never that one.

I received the best massage of my life from a masseur, in terms of pure physical technique (Swedish, in that case). But when the spiritual/mental element is also considered, particularly for shiatsu, I've had better results from well-trained masseuses.

However, the "well-trained" aspect is *really* hard to find. A proper shiatsu training curriculum from a Japanese master involves at least 3,000 hours of classroom time, after which one is considered a rank beginner.