Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So...Susan Boyle then ?

So...Susan Boyle then ?

Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So...Susan Boyle then ?

Originally Posted by Big Kevin
I agree with that, and the whole mentality is I believe typified by shows like this. It is crap TV, and it produces casualties. I didn't watch the show as I wouldn't encourage them, although I appear to be in a bit of a minority as it seems they're claiming an audience of around 4 million.

I feel sorry for Susan Boyle, used by TV producers for their own ends. And they're encouraged by gullible people who actually watch this rubbish and believe that what they're watching is 'talent' because they're told it is by self righteous, overbearing bitches like Simon Cowell, when in actual fact it is nothing more than mediocre.
I agree with a lot of what you say about all this reality show stuff, i have only ever watched American idol. Have to disagree with yr comments re Simon, cos i lova him.

American idol has produced some good singers and they have earned millions, so no real casualties there. At the end of the day these TV shows are here to stay and these people surely know the score when they sign up for them
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
American idol has produced some good singers and they have earned millions, so no real casualties there. At the end of the day these TV shows are here to stay and these people surely know the score when they sign up for them
but not if they're as thick as mince like poor Susan Boyle or 11 years old like that poor bairn

thankfully they will go out of fashion just as Opportunity Knocks and New Faces did

* I have never seen BGT by the way
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:38 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
but not if they're as thick as mince like poor Susan Boyle or 11 years old like that poor bairn

thankfully they will go out of fashion just as Opportunity Knocks and New Faces did

Or maybe she will be as successful as David Sneddon?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

For the 11 year old, his/her parents should be held responsible for their welfare, not the show makers?

New Faces/Opportunity Knocks - lol a blast from the past, but aren't all these new shows just updated versions?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
For the 11 year old, his/her parents should be held responsible for their welfare, not the show makers?

New Faces/Opportunity Knocks - lol a blast from the past, but aren't all these new shows just updated versions?
true but a lot of parents are bulls knackers, just nip along to the junior football for an insight, they all think little Jordan is the next Pele because he's got a pair of yellow boots when in reality he's a little fat expat

they are just updated versions, they went out of fashion just as these will
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

true but a lot of parents are bulls knackers, just nip along to the junior football for an insight, they all think little Jordan is the next Pele because he's got a pair of yellow boots when in reality he's a little fat expat

they are just updated versions, they went out of fashion just as these will
ha ha harsh but true, but you still cant hold the show makers responsible, they are out to make money.

I have never watched BGT or BB or any of the others and i really dont see the attraction, but they have been around for years hey and people love them and as long as people love them, they will keep on making them or versions of them.

Most TV is just crap now, shame thats life