Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So...Susan Boyle then ?

So...Susan Boyle then ?

Old May 26th 2009, 6:25 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So...Susan Boyle then ?

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
Susan Boyle gets right on my tits..
She is all you ever hear about over here at the moment.News,mags,papers..I am sick to death of her!

Hello everyone!
Really?

I was in the UK last week & all anyone seemed to talk about was the MPs expenses, even when I wasn't at Westminster.

-
Old May 26th 2009, 11:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Really?

I was in the UK last week & all anyone seemed to talk about was the MPs expenses, even when I wasn't at Westminster.

-
yes but you don't read the Daily Mail like I do
Old May 26th 2009, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Really?

-
Its awful!!

Every magazine is filled with her.The news stations have even interviewed the hairdresser who did her make-over!
I just dont get it at all.The fuss being made over her is because of her appearance.Yes,she has a good voice....but its not amazing and doesnt justify the fuss being made over her.If she was a good looking woman this wouldnt be happening.
Old May 27th 2009, 8:13 am
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Whats advantage of being like Susan Boyle?

No matter how big your t*ts get, men will still stare at your face.
Old May 30th 2009, 9:04 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw her on ITV1 come in 2nd after Diversity. Should see her sometime in Dubai this year.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

BorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really niceBorderTart is just really nice

She was robbed, she should have won.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:36 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

According to news this morning she has been taken to a "clinic" police were called to her hotel and she was detained under the mental health act .........a nervous breakdown? Don't think the poor lady was that stable anyway. Hope she is ok
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rowell
According to news this morning she has been taken to a "clinic" police were called to her hotel and she was detained under the mental health act .........a nervous breakdown? Don't think the poor lady was that stable anyway. Hope she is ok
Shame. I feel so sorry for her
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
hardly a surprise, it was a bit of a freak show and a line was crossed with her and that little lass, Cowell is a twat

saw one of SB's neighbours interviewed the other day and he feared exactly what has happened
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default So...Susan Boyle then ?

Last week, a former psychologist on Channel Four's Big Brother told Sky News that Boyle was at risk of serious mental harm by her meteoric rise to fame.
David Wilson, professor of criminology at Birmingham City University, accused Britain's Got Talent producers of putting their needs ahead of Boyle's welfare.
He warned: "If we prioritise Susan Boyle's mental health needs then she should not go into the final because if she did, I don't believe the producers know how she will react.
"Whatever happens, the genie is out of the bottle.
"It's very difficult for her to return to the life she once had and therefore in those circumstances her long-term psychological needs must be accommodated by the programme makers.
"They've used Susan Boyle and now they need to make sure she gets the long term help she may need as a consequence of appearing on this programme."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sho...t_Talent_Final
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:38 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Last week, a former psychologist on Channel Four's Big Brother told Sky News that Boyle was at risk of serious mental harm by her meteoric rise to fame.
David Wilson, professor of criminology at Birmingham City University, accused Britain's Got Talent producers of putting their needs ahead of Boyle's welfare.
He warned: "If we prioritise Susan Boyle's mental health needs then she should not go into the final because if she did, I don't believe the producers know how she will react.
"Whatever happens, the genie is out of the bottle.
"It's very difficult for her to return to the life she once had and therefore in those circumstances her long-term psychological needs must be accommodated by the programme makers.
"They've used Susan Boyle and now they need to make sure she gets the long term help she may need as a consequence of appearing on this programme."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sho...t_Talent_Final
She's been given only (?) three days rest !

Next week, Simon Cowell wants her to go to the Czech Republic to perform with the Czech National Symphony Orchestra to create an album - but has only given her three days ! Too much pressure methinks...
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

I feel so much for this poor woman. All along myself and my friends have been saying that we hope she is being looked after. She always seemed a sandwich short...etc, but a lovely woman nonetheless. Therefore, the programme makers definitely had a duty to make sure she was looked after - mentally as well as in every other sense.

I worked in the entertainment industry for many years, mainly as a performer, but also behind the scenes in TV, and I know what pressures there are on entertainers/performers. They have a team of people with them who can ease these pressures - Susan Boyle was used - simple.

She needs to be looked after by Cowell now & helped through this. Her reaction to coming 2nd is no surprise, the way that the tabloids 'bigged her up'. I hope Cowell is proud of himself - I used to admire that guy!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:22 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BorderTart
She was robbed, she should have won.
No she wasn't. Diversity were awesome on the night. From what I saw, Boyle is an average singer at best. Still, the whole saga is an indictment of the British build-em-up/knock-em-down celebrity mentality.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
No she wasn't. Diversity were awesome on the night. From what I saw, Boyle is an average singer at best. Still, the whole saga is an indictment of the British build-em-up/knock-em-down celebrity mentality.
I agree. Susan Boyle did sing ok when she did "I Dreamed A Dream", but the use of music in the background to build up what the judges were saying, tugging at the heartstrings, just made it even bigger than what it was. That's what TV does.

Diversity are extremely talented young guys who were amazing at what they do. They should go far. I feel for Susan, but the reason she never "made it" as a singer prior to BGT is blatently obvious to everyone! Sorry to be blunt, but that's the way it is.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I agree with that, and the whole mentality is I believe typified by shows like this. It is crap TV, and it produces casualties. I didn't watch the show as I wouldn't encourage them, although I appear to be in a bit of a minority as it seems they're claiming an audience of around 4 million.

I feel sorry for Susan Boyle, used by TV producers for their own ends. And they're encouraged by gullible people who actually watch this rubbish and believe that what they're watching is 'talent' because they're told it is by self righteous, overbearing bitches like Simon Cowell, when in actual fact it is nothing more than mediocre.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.