British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So...Susan Boyle then ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-susan-boyle-then-603683/)

MataHari May 6th 2009 4:47 am

Re: So...Susan Boyle then ?

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 7540381)
Just love that song,always makes me cry.
Sure the guy ain't the best singer ever to come outa Wales but I was
just totally luvved up on his humility.So much of thast show seems scripted, rehearsed.....I hope he wasn't.
p.s Is it just me ....my gaydar is going into overdrive about Simon these days???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-West-End.html

lol...

MacScot May 25th 2009 10:31 am

So, what did you think of Susan Boyle in the semi final of BGT ?

.. a bit shaky to start but picked up after the musical bridge near the middle of the song. Probably too many high notes for a soprano / contralto...

Youtube here (if not working..double click on the video to take you to Youtube)

Amazing Grace May 25th 2009 10:46 am

I liked it and as you said a bit shaky to begin with but i dont think she will win it outright, could be wrong though. If there was a comedy winner I would love to see Stavros Flatley win but they didnt make it to the semi finals. Have a look and see what you think, I hope the link works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

Good luck Susan:thumbup:

Blue Cat May 25th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace (Post 7601747)
I liked it and as you said a bit shaky to begin with but i dont think she will win it outright, could be wrong though. If there was a comedy winner I would love to see Stavros Flatley win but they didnt make it to the semi finals. Have a look and see what you think, I hope the link works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gHvATmUsSg

Good luck Susan:thumbup:

Stavros and his son did get through AG ;)

Meow May 25th 2009 11:02 am

Susan Boyle: because ugly lumpy people need love too...

-

Blue Cat May 25th 2009 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7601779)
Susan Boyle: because ugly lumpy people need love too...

-

:rofl:

bit daft really as the Queen has already invited her to the Royal Variety to perform anyway so if she wins this then she is taking someone elses place, I like the saxophinist guy :)

Meow May 25th 2009 11:23 am

Is this still going on then? I have no idea and know of no one apart from this Susan woman.

:confused:

Blue Cat May 25th 2009 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7601833)
Is this still going on then? I have no idea and know of no one apart from this Susan woman.

:confused:

final this Saturday, I really enjoy it, it can be a right laugh :)

moto111 May 25th 2009 2:34 pm

she's had her eyebrows done then.....

MissDemeanor May 25th 2009 5:30 pm

Susan Boyle gets right on my tits..
She is all you ever hear about over here at the moment.News,mags,papers..I am sick to death of her!:frown:

Hello everyone!:rofl:

Spugsy May 25th 2009 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 7602682)
She is all you ever hear about over here at the moment.News,mags,papers..I am sick to death of her!:frown:

frigging hell, another blast from the past!

you back in blighty then pet?

MissDemeanor May 25th 2009 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7602844)
frigging hell, another blast from the past!

you back in blighty then pet?

Yep...watching Corrie and listening to the rain!!
What more can a girl ask for?!

Spugsy May 25th 2009 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 7602875)
Yep...watching Corrie and listening to the rain!!
What more can a girl ask for?!

you lucky wee thing.

Karlos The Jackal May 25th 2009 6:54 pm

Wee?

You having a laugh!:rofl:

Big Kevin May 25th 2009 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 7602682)

Agree, I blame the meeja here in UK too though, as well as the programming itself. I know it's not the popular view but I think the whole show, and the way it's hyped all over newspapers and even on the television news is merely a ploy by all of them to promote cheaply made television. They in effect are telling you what you like by producing this rubbish, scheduling it at prime time, and then telling you how brilliant it is afterwards.

And if they can find a hero to latch on to and promote, so much the better. Hence Susan Boyle. She is actually quite something though. At first listening, the last thing you expect to hear as she opens her mouth to sing, is actually what she quite passionately, and to my ear, quite beautifully produces.

Perfect for the TV company and all their producers and promoters, they will of course push Susan Boyle for all they are worth, and that's why we're seeing her all over the 'news'papers and television here. She will be used by all of them for their own ends, and ultimately for them to justify continuing to produce rubbish television.

Seeing Susan Boyle interviewed on the other hand, and I hadn't even bothered to look or listen until I saw the interest on here btw, I thought she was really lovely and genuine, as well as quite a fine singer. So even if the other people all do benefit, and I suppose based on the amount of interest generated globally - they aready have, I really hope she reaps some of the benefits herself, bless'er cotton socks.

...and she's Scottish!