British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So Newcastle (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-newcastle-608611/)

Blue Cat May 12th 2009 4:19 am

So Newcastle

WON :eek::eek::eek:

littlejimmy May 12th 2009 4:25 am

Re: So Newcastle

Dodgy offside decision for the second goal....

**** it, we deserve to go down. I just wish it hadn't been the Geordies who banged that final nail in our PL coffin.

Blue Cat May 12th 2009 4:27 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7563429)
Dodgy offside decision for the second goal....

**** it, we deserve to go down. I just wish it hadn't been the Geordies who banged that final nail in our PL coffin.

your ears may well have been burning last night as your name was mentioned a couple of times here, especially after the first goal from the smoggies, I went to bed at half time.

littlejimmy May 12th 2009 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7563433)
your ears may well have been burning last night as your name was mentioned a couple of times here, especially after the first goal from the smoggies, I went to bed at half time.

I hope they weren't too harsh words!

I wish I'd gone to bed instead of watching it. It spoiled an otherwise nice evening after going to the Laughter Factory comedy gig at the Ramada.

Blue Cat May 12th 2009 4:39 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7563438)
I hope they weren't too harsh words!

I wish I'd gone to bed instead of watching it. It spoiled an otherwise nice evening after going to the Laughter Factory comedy gig at the Ramada.

not at all, I said well Little Jimmy will be happy and Spugsy will be ordering another sambuca :)

Sandboy May 12th 2009 5:09 am

knew the jammy gits would get away with it

come on Fulham !

Blue Cat May 12th 2009 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7563509)
knew the jammy gits would get away with it

come on Fulham !

mmm where is Meow :p

Sandboy May 12th 2009 5:18 am

I've booked a hotel for the last weekend, no sitting watching and biting nails, I'll just lie by the pool, drink mesel silly and take what's coming

doesn't hurt after the first 7 times :D

Meow May 12th 2009 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7563513)
mmm where is Meow :p

Here but yawning from staying up to watch that game. The Toon should have brought Martins on earlier IMO, although looking at the replays that second goal should have been offside.

Back luck Boro - could have gone either way, esp if that Emnes (sp?) had been a bit luckier. That lad looks to be a tasty player.

Fulham really ought to beat Newcastle at the weekend. One match (against another relegation contender) doesn't suddenly make you a good team. We are sitting in 7th place for a reason and we're at home.

Damned cross I will miss the match as I will be flying. :(

-

Blue Cat May 12th 2009 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7563594)
Here but yawning from staying up to watch that game. The Toon should have brought Martins on earlier IMO, although looking at the replays that second goal should have been offside.

Back luck Boro - could have gone either way, esp if that Emnes (sp?) had been a bit luckier. That lad looks to be a tasty player.

Fulham really ought to beat Newcastle at the weekend. One match (against another relegation contender) doesn't suddenly make you a good team. We are sitting in 7th place for a reason and we're at home.

-

:fingerscrossed: for both sides :)

Spugsy May 12th 2009 6:39 am

-

Martins has a groin injury and is playing through the pain, so we can't use him for full games, but he makes a big difference.

We'll beat you.

Sandboy May 12th 2009 7:43 am

-

you'd miss it anyway if you went to the cottage, isn't it at Sid James ?

Sandboy May 12th 2009 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7563637)
Martins has a groin injury and is playing through the pain, so we can't use him for full games, but he makes a big difference.

We'll beat you.

strong rumours yesterday that he cried off injured when asked to play on the right wing.. cracking player when he can be arsed but that isn't that often, still more effective than Owen though

another theory is Fulham don't really want to get into Europe, that new competition means umpteen games which would be a burden on their small squad

lionheart May 12th 2009 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7563774)
another theory is Fulham don't really want to get into Europe, that new competition means umpteen games which would be a burden on their small squad

Somebody on Showtime Arabia mentioned that too. Better to let the big clubs represent England in the competition. Whoever wins at White Hart Lane this weekend may still snatch 7th place, but it may go down to the wire.

Sandboy May 12th 2009 8:02 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7563790)
Somebody on Showtime Arabia mentioned that too. Better to let the big clubs represent England in the competition. Whoever wins at White Hart Lane this weekend may still snatch 7th place, but it may go down to the wire.

big clubs my arse, that is such a Sky creation, just what constitutes a big club ?

Fulham will beat the skunks and qualify because they have been the better team over the season. I hope anyway