British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So long and thanks for all the dates (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-long-thanks-all-dates-898986/)

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 11:49 am

Re: So long and thanks for all the dates

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH (Post 12285657)
I have fond memories of Scotland in midwinter ;)

12 years is a long run for the UAE.

Have a great return home. I'm looking forward to my own repatriation at some point.

im hoping my winter escapes will suffice. and yeah its been a long run but ill miss bits of the place

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 11:50 am

Originally Posted by jam25mack (Post 12285671)
Good work!

Enjoy!

thanks

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 11:50 am

Originally Posted by mission (Post 12285693)
adios amigo....wish you the best back in good 'ole blighty :)

thanks

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TheShed (Post 12285733)
Good luck Shiva, hopefully I will have a similar story in the next 18 months or so

fingers crossed mate. we may be 18 months early but the costs to earnings ratio and savings makes it worth a punt now

littlejimmy Jul 3rd 2017 12:24 pm

All the best, Shiva. I've enjoyed reading your contributions on here through the years. :thumbup:

Ditzy Jul 3rd 2017 12:37 pm

Good Luck Shiva and all the best.

al dente Jul 3rd 2017 12:50 pm

Where in the boonies have you chosen? I always enjoy a 'leaving on one's on accord' story, well done.

You'll probably be on here more than ever if you are stuck in the hills with no interesting neighbours. xx

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 12285772)
All the best, Shiva. I've enjoyed reading your contributions on here through the years. :thumbup:

thanks buddy

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ditzy (Post 12285780)
Good Luck Shiva and all the best.

thanks

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 12285790)
Where in the boonies have you chosen? I always enjoy a 'leaving on one's on accord' story, well done.

You'll probably be on here more than ever if you are stuck in the hills with no interesting neighbours. xx

Dumfriesshire. about as rural as it gets these days.

battle one will be internet connections but its amazing what politicians commit to in democracies!

Thanks, not entirely on our own accord but the numbers are the numbers. I'd have liked another wee crash to drop prices for another year or two first but itll have to do.

Miss Ann Thrope Jul 3rd 2017 2:11 pm

Aw man, hate to see you go (leaving fewer of us rational beings to the privations of the rabid Daily Mailers...) but best of luck! If you're bored please do butt in!! Like others, I plan to up sticks in a year also inshallah!

shiva Jul 3rd 2017 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope (Post 12285838)
Aw man, hate to see you go (leaving fewer of us rational beings to the privations of the rabid Daily Mailers...) but best of luck! If you're bored please do butt in!! Like others, I plan to up sticks in a year also inshallah!

oh im sure there will be lots of opportunities to pop back and to say I told you ****ing so once brexit bites fully

Millhouse Jul 3rd 2017 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 12285919)
oh im sure there will be lots of opportunities to pop back and to say I told you ****ing so once brexit bites fully

It's a smart move. you're going to blighty at the right time to fully take advantage of the post brexit industrial, financial and technological renaissance.

shiva Jul 4th 2017 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12286098)
It's a smart move. you're going to blighty at the right time to fully take advantage of the post brexit industrial, financial and technological renaissance.

im taking the optimistic view and focusing on supporting the recession hit industries whilst wringing my hands at the thought of a housing crash and share slump

Meow Jul 4th 2017 7:06 am

Best of luck with your move Shiva. Please don't be a total stranger and at least pop in when the weather is really crap in the UK to make us feel better. ;)

Hope you and Mrs S will be very happy.

x