Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So....I'll mention it then

So....I'll mention it then

Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default So....I'll mention it then

Did you all see the rain this morning?? Christ, I got quite excited about it, first rain I've seen in 9 months of being here, was nice walking along the street this morning with it all wet and with that rain smell... .
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:02 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So....I'll mention it then

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Did you all see the rain this morning?? Christ, I got quite excited about it, first rain I've seen in 9 months of being here, was nice walking along the street this morning with it all wet and with that rain smell... .
I loved it, till I had to climb in my car and head for work....!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I loved it, till I had to climb in my car and head for work....!!!!
did you get stuck on the greens? bloody nightmare
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:08 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
did you get stuck on the greens? bloody nightmare
This parallel road bullshit is really starting to piss me off...... 40 mins to get onto SZR!!!
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

This parallel road bullshit is really starting to piss me off...... 40 mins to get onto SZR!!!
30 minutes to get from TECOM to the Regent, couldn't face it so went to lakes for coffee, left lakes at 9.45 and got back to tecom at 10.30
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Thunder and lightning woke me up at 4.15am so I went outside and brought the washing in...very nice smell of damp trees when I went to work.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Ive only been here a couple of months so was nice to stroll on a wet pavement on my way to work this morning...

Did anyone else feel get stuck in the winds yesterday afternoon? Was a right old storm blowing and lots of rubbish on the SZR...

It reminded me of being on the top deck of a ferry when i stepped out onto the balcony to secure my plastic chairs before they blew off...
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i remember living in the springs and after a nightfall of rain, the livingroom being flooded.

and this is historically the time in Dubai when the mentalist drivers dont realise that the film of sand and rain on the road makes it like an icerink.

Hey its ok thou, they put their hazard lights on whilst firing down SZR at 145Kph.

Standby for the annual road carnage..
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:53 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by commander
i remember living in the springs and after a nightfall of rain, the livingroom being flooded.

and this is historically the time in Dubai when the mentalist drivers dont realise that the film of sand and rain on the road makes it like an icerink.

Hey its ok thou, they put their hazard lights on whilst firing down SZR at 145Kph.

Standby for the annual road carnage..

I do remember seeing a gadget that you plugged into your lighter socket and it would start to recite the Koran to you. It was actively marketed as a way of receiving protection from Allah while driving...

Between that and the hazard lights, they must be indestructible.....
Old Nov 16th 2008, 6:57 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I do remember seeing a gadget that you plugged into your lighter socket and it would start to recite the Koran to you. It was actively marketed as a way of receiving protection from Allah while driving...

Between that and the hazard lights, they must be indestructible.....
its true, i was in a cab with my wife last month in AD when the fog was very bad. The taxi driver was hurtling along at mach5 into the fog.

As he entered each patch of fog he started muttering to himself, he was praying.

I kindly advised him that allah may save him, but using his ****ing brakes may help preserve me and the missus.

****ing goon
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:03 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

its true, i was in a cab with my wife last month in AD when the fog was very bad. The taxi driver was hurtling along at mach5 into the fog.

As he entered each patch of fog he started muttering to himself, he was praying.

I kindly advised him that allah may save him, but using his ****ing brakes may help preserve me and the missus.

****ing goon
hehe, reassuring!

I felt that strange "it's just snowed" feeling this morning... a very special day.

Oh, and yes, we were in JBR (thankfully not right on the beach) whent he sand-storm blew up. That was fun too. I feel rather polished now.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:09 am
banned

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hehe, reassuring!

I felt that strange "it's just snowed" feeling this morning... a very special day.

Oh, and yes, we were in JBR (thankfully not right on the beach) whent he sand-storm blew up. That was fun too. I feel rather polished now.
bless, at least your apartment wont get flooded (i would hope)

think it was about 3 years ago roofs were collapsing in the springs/meadows etc..

500,000GBP for a 2 bed terraced villa that cant withstand some rain...

go figure..

Next they will admit that JBR foundations have not been properly tested for this and we will have Dubai's latest spin of copy, 'the leaning towers of JBR'
Old Nov 16th 2008, 7:19 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

bless, at least your apartment wont get flooded (i would hope)
I'd be worried if it did - we're on the 35th floor!

I do worry about the foundations though... there are some rather big signs of movement that have upset the expansion joints and surrounding paving in some areas. Still, I'm sure it was built to the "highest standards [possible with the poxy budget we had underestimaed to start off with]"