British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So how far could you throw a badger? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-how-far-could-you-throw-badger-629679/)

BangleMan Sep 8th 2009 7:16 am

So how far could you throw a badger?

I reckon with a bit of a run up.....I could do 20 yards, if I got hold of a back leg and did a discus-style /twist run up. :rofl:

Dubaidog Sep 8th 2009 8:48 am

Re: So how far could you throw a badger?

Not as far as I could throw a squirrel - I reckon that by gripping the tail with both hands and rotating rapidly aound a single point - providing it was released at the right moment (hammer throwing style) I could get 30 yards....

Inselaffen Sep 8th 2009 8:52 am

I bet this Badger could throw BM a few yards

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...IG_468x341.jpg

MacScot Sep 8th 2009 9:57 am

1 Attachment(s)
Hmmm....

Scratcher Sep 8th 2009 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Dubaidog (Post 7913285)
Not as far as I could throw a squirrel - I reckon that by gripping the tail with both hands and rotating rapidly aound a single point - providing it was released at the right moment (hammer throwing style) I could get 30 yards....

Or use the wellie boot technique. Swing the badger between your legs a few times to generate some momentum, and then heave it up and over your shoulder. A javelin style would get you nowhere, 5 yards max.

Scratcher

Dubaidog Sep 8th 2009 10:54 am

Possibly further (another 5 yards?) if it was a flying squirrel :)

Morecambe Mindy Sep 8th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7913078)
I reckon with a bit of a run up.....I could do 20 yards, if I got hold of a back leg and did a discus-style /twist run up. :rofl:

Can't really say I'd have the inclination, however, having seen a dead one at the side of the road once (in UK) I would say it would be pretty bloody heavy; they are huge.

Can I ask if you are on some kind of medication at the moment?

Spugsy Sep 8th 2009 11:03 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7913078)

no way mate, Badgers are big old things, you;d be lucky to do 12 yards I reckon.

BangleMan Sep 8th 2009 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7913524)
no way mate, Badgers are big old things, you;d be lucky to do 12 yards I reckon.

I dunno, I reckon it depends on a number of factors namely,

1) how big the Badger is

2) how alive the Badger is, they have very nasty sharp pointy teeth so this
may inhibit the thrower if bitten or scratched

3) Wind direction upon releasing the Badger when chucking

Yep, I reckon I could hurl a dead Badger much further than a living one, unless of course you could train a live Badger to jump forward once it hits the deck.

BangleMan Sep 8th 2009 11:22 am

I ****** hate squirrels.....would love to chuck a few of them around

They are tree rats with bushy tails....and have evil, demented looking eyes when they stare at you

BangleMan Sep 8th 2009 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy (Post 7913515)
Can't really say I'd have the inclination, however, having seen a dead one at the side of the road once (in UK) I would say it would be pretty bloody heavy; they are huge.

Can I ask if you are on some kind of medication at the moment?

you could ask, but if I told you, I would have to kill ya

Dubaidog Sep 8th 2009 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7913568)
you could ask, but if I told you, I would have to kill ya

Not sure the Americans have badgers... can they use Skunks instead?

seven seas Sep 8th 2009 10:11 pm

Grip/wrist strength is the deciding factor here.

I've got forearms like Popeye, so I'd do very well.

Ray Sep 9th 2009 4:38 am

http://www.princessjenn.com/wp-conte.../08/badger.jpg

Millhouse Sep 9th 2009 6:58 am

No chance. The busy tail would act as a drag. I think I could do 30 yards with a hamster though.