British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   So, has anybody heard anything about this upcoming super moon? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/so-has-anybody-heard-anything-about-upcoming-super-moon-708957/)

hnd Mar 11th 2011 8:59 pm

So, has anybody heard anything about this upcoming super moon?

Apparently it may cause global catastrophes (sp?) but then again it may not:

http://www.space.com/11084-supermoon...disasters.html

Ah, wait a minute - doesn't 'lunacy' have a connection with the moon? Is this imminent so-called supermoon to blame for the world's woes at the moment?

Enjoy and discuss :D

sherri Mar 11th 2011 11:01 pm

Re: So, has anybody heard anything about this upcoming super moon?

Doomsday around the corner?

kittycat1 Mar 12th 2011 5:24 am

Well the moon effects he tide and here are more murders when here is a full moon so who knows!

The whole 2012 end of the world thing is a bit worrying! I don' know if its just the news seem to be reporting more or that there has been a rise in the number of natural disasters, or is this global warming reacting? or the planet reacting to oil depleting etc? Is it just nature balancing itself to everything we have done?

My question is at what point would we recognize that there is a real problem- the largest earthquake for 1200 years? at what point do we all accept the end is nigh?

Bahtatboy Mar 12th 2011 5:34 am

Oh no, I'm feeling panicky already. The moon's going to be the closest its been to the Earth for 18 YEARS. That's, like, 18 whole years. And the closest its been before that was--yes, its unbelievable isn't it--another 18 years. These changes are a sign, you know.

Norm_uk Mar 12th 2011 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9234228)
Well the moon effects he tide and here are more murders when here is a full moon so who knows!

The whole 2012 end of the world thing is a bit worrying! I don' know if its just the news seem to be reporting more or that there has been a rise in the number of natural disasters, or is this global warming reacting? or the planet reacting to oil depleting etc? Is it just nature balancing itself to everything we have done?

My question is at what point would we recognize that there is a real problem- the largest earthquake for 1200 years? at what point do we all accept the end is nigh?

Is this another post about strap on...thingies? :p

N.

Spugsy Mar 12th 2011 5:13 pm

Apparently it also affects womens periods.

Even more proof that they are from another planet.

Spugsy Mar 12th 2011 5:13 pm

You'll probably find your dream man....then the wolrd will end. ;)

Spugsy Mar 12th 2011 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9234238)
Oh no, I'm feeling panicky already. The moon's going to be the closest its been to the Earth for 18 YEARS. That's, like, 18 whole years. And the closest its been before that was--yes, its unbelievable isn't it--another 18 years. These changes are a sign, you know.

It is going to be huge though, brilliant, I'm well into the moon.

kittycat1 Mar 12th 2011 5:26 pm

haha norm - not today! ;) and its just a strap on not a strap on thingie- unless youre talking about something else?

Spugsy- really it effects womens cycles? how is that possible? You're either on the blob or you're not... never heard ha one before! :confused:

And as for the dream man- no such thing!

Hello.Kitty Mar 12th 2011 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9235101)
It is going to be huge though, brilliant, I'm well into the moon.

actually, I think I remember the last time it was really big. I remember thinking to myself "oo, the moon is really big".

It was momentous.

Spugsy Mar 12th 2011 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9235114)
haha norm - not today! ;) and its just a strap on not a strap on thingie- unless youre talking about something else?

Spugsy- really it effects womens cycles? how is that possible? You're either on the blob or you're not... never heard ha one before! :confused:

And as for the dream man- no such thing!

'The moon has always been the primary symbol for female energy; its cycle around the earth takes approximately twenty-nine days, the same amount of time as the average woman's menstrual cycle. It is often felt that as the pull of the moon affects the waters of the world, so does its motion affect the body of woman.

A women's blood and hormonal cycle follows the ebb and flow of the moon; from new moon to full moon, estrogen increases leading to ovulation, or maximum fertility, at full moon. From full moon to new moon, the waning half of the cycle, progesterone predominates. Traditionally, women used to start bleeding right before the new moon, in the dark of the moon. '

Spugsy Mar 12th 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 9235165)
actually, I think I remember the last time it was really big. I remember thinking to myself "oo, the moon is really big".

It was momentous.

yeah not so long ago, it was massive - I was transfixed.

Blue Cat Mar 13th 2011 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9235175)
'The moon has always been the primary symbol for female energy; its cycle around the earth takes approximately twenty-nine days, the same amount of time as the average woman's menstrual cycle. It is often felt that as the pull of the moon affects the waters of the world, so does its motion affect the body of woman.

A women's blood and hormonal cycle follows the ebb and flow of the moon; from new moon to full moon, estrogen increases leading to ovulation, or maximum fertility, at full moon. From full moon to new moon, the waning half of the cycle, progesterone predominates. Traditionally, women used to start bleeding right before the new moon, in the dark of the moon. '

Dr Spugsy MD

kittycat1 Mar 13th 2011 5:40 am

But Spugs, according to that theory all women would be on the blob at the same time which clearly isnt the case.

Spugsy Mar 13th 2011 8:28 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9236032)
But Spugs, according to that theory all women would be on the blob at the same time which clearly isnt the case.

What is says is the moon makes you mental, and all women are mental.

That's right aye?