And So It Begins....

Old Jan 14th 2015, 8:58 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And So It Begins....

Originally Posted by mikewot
Uuuummm atheists do not believe in something, they just do not believe in religion/magic sky fairy. To say that atheists believe in something is like saying that bald is a hair colour.
I was raised with religion but I was never convinced so let all that slide. My kids could choose either way, I never attempted to influence them on that. Holding my hand to cross the road yes. Do not take sweets from strangers yes. Which sky fairy is the 'right' one, not so much.
So, and I repeat myself that I do not judge anyone as who am I to judge unlike other tossers (make that just one tosser) here, dont you think the lack of believe is also sort of like an agreement with oneself as well?
After all an agreement with oneself is the true meaning of a belief right?
Just curious here, for debate purposes only!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:05 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
dont you think the lack of believe is also sort of like an agreement with oneself as well?
After all an agreement with oneself is the true meaning of a belief right?
Hhhmmm, no. You learn things, get taught things, think about things. A lack of a belief is (to my mind) not agreeing with myself. It usually means (for me personally) that I cannot see evidence to back up believing in a certain something. When you believe in sky fairies, because of the total lack of evidence, you are relying on faith only and I do not do faith.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:46 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
*** those certain posters mate, lost cause imho!
Yes I agree with the fact that it is more binary in Islam as far as internal debates go, but only with certain sects of Islam. The Sufi school of thought allows for more debate (kalam) and is more open to the allowance of changes with the time and the socio / political factors surrounding that particular society in that particular time frame.

The Salafis reject speculative philosophy (kalam) that involves discourse and debate in the development of the Islamic creed. They consider this process a foreign import from Greek philosophy, alien to the original practice of Islam.

Wahhabis reject Islamic "theology" (kalam) in favor of strict textualism in interpreting the Quran, and are sometimes described as being in the Athari school.
Splitters!
Thanks for the candid insight
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:27 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by redShark
[/COLOR]
What the hell!! Are you suggesting that because of the actions of a few hundreds misguided Muslims, one fifth of the human population should be ashamed and abandon their faith!!! I tell who is the one that should be ashamed of himself- it is the one who support or associate himself with a state that only a few months ago killed 500 children and made thousands others homeless and living in tents under a freezing cold weather as we speak right now.
80% of London Muslims Support ISIS | FrontPage Magazine
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:38 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Having glanced through I was reaching for a very large portion of salt.
Old Jan 17th 2015, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

it's not exactly a reliable source eh?