Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

So is it the because the temperature is rising ...

So is it the because the temperature is rising ...

Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So is it the because the temperature is rising ...

Originally Posted by commander
holocausttastic..

millions of Jews are testament to that...

And my 'little' frowline, I would eat you for breakfast dear...I work every day with Jerries and I am amazed at their arrogance.

I mean, after getting hammered twice, you think they would learn their place in the worlds society....below the Welsh...

Nobody likes Germans...even good Germans are embarrassed that more than likely somewhere in their not to distant past bloodline was a murdering Nazi...
And one more thing.....my GERMAN bloodline goes back to the eleventh century...and yes, my family has a "Von" in their name.....and you know what else...we are pretty proud of our heritage...many philantrophists (sp ?), artists and people who fought various regimes/were members of the resistance in it......
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

My grandparents were killed..my father never met his dad. That still upsets him now and he is 67 years old..

To be fair, she would have a nerve having any anger towards any British person...

And i agree 2 sides to each story of course..but my point is that this superiority complex (read arrogance) that your average German displays has never changed or been humbled by the events of the last century.

but yea, lets drop the WW2 topic...

You know what....what ever...you can think what you want...I happen to know that what you think is not what the average person thinks.....you have your opinion...I really do nort care anynore...well, I actually do..it upsets me somewhat thet people would think bad of my country today because of what happened in the past....but hey...each to their own.

I would appreciate it though, if you would stop the snide and constant attacks on me...I can defend myself...but am tired of having to.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:18 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Few things are as simple as they appear. xx

-
most of the people on here are though....
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:20 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
You know what....what ever...you can think what you want...I happen to know that what you think is not what the average person thinks.....you have your opinion...I really do nort care anynore...well, I actually do..it upsets me somewhat thet people would think bad of my country today because of what happened in the past....but hey...each to their own.

I would appreciate it though, if you would stop the snide and constant attacks on me...I can defend myself...but am tired of having to.
I have forgiven the Germans for their part in the war, .....but not for Mexico 1970, Italy 1990 or Euro 96 !!!
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
most of the people on here are though....
exhibit A
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

And one more thing.....my GERMAN bloodline goes back to the eleventh century...and yes, my family has a "Von" in their name.....and you know what else...we are pretty proud of our heritage...many philantrophists (sp ?), artists and people who fought various regimes/were members of the resistance in it......

But Brits do like to joke about Germans - towels on sunbeds, mullets haircuts, lack of humour etc. You are big fans of David Hasselhoff too! That is all in jest, the same thing we do to the French, Italians, Americans etc. Surely there are jokes the Germans make about the Brits in a similar vein?

Because of my own family background I'll admit to a little anti-German prejudice, but not towards individuals as I have a few German friends and have found most that I have met to be well educated and with an excellent sense of humour. Your language however! Why on earth do you need so many ways to say 'the' ?!

-
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:22 am
Hammer for Life

exhibit A
glad you were brave enough to put yourself forward as exhibit A.....
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

how do you KNOW that...German arrogance example No1..
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:24 am
banned

glad you were brave enough to put yourself forward as exhibit A.....

and you, well done
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:24 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Meow
But Brits do like to joke about Germans - towels on sunbeds, mullets haircuts, lack of humour etc. You are big fans of David Hasselhoff too! That is all in jest, the same thing we do to the French, Italians, Americans etc. Surely there are jokes the Germans make about the Brits in a similar vein?

Because of my own family background I'll admit to a little anti-German prejudice, but not towards individuals as I have a few German friends and have found most that I have met to be well educated and with an excellent sense of humour. Your language however! Why on earth do you need so many ways to say 'the' ?!

-
Been to Germany many times, and have many friends / colleagues there, and I dont have a problem with any of them.

Now the Scots....thats another story..
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:27 am
banned

Been to Germany many times, and have many friends / colleagues there, and I dont have a problem with any of them.

to be fair, we prefer the Germans to the English...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:27 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember, the English majority has been slipping of late...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:29 am
Hammer for Life

how do you KNOW that...German arrogance example No1..
Maybe people from your / my Fathers generation hold a grudge (and probably rightly so), but the world is a totally different place nowadays, and I dont beleive the average person has a gripe with Germans......and I dont see whats so wrong in what Alexa said, it was hardly an arrogant statement......

If you beleive it was, then your statement a few posts prior, which read"....that superiority complex (read arrogance) that your average German displays' is just the same , no ?

Is that therefore a sign of British arrogance then ?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

exhibit A
Still not enough...ok...here we go then...my father's side of the family....My dad was born in what is now Poland. his father was not a soldier. He was in the resistance. What exactly he did, I do not know....what I do know is that my grandmother and aunt had visits by the Gestapo and spent some time in their "facilities". Then, when the Russians moved close, they went on a "fluchtlings " treck....a long line of people walking to another part of the country. due to the hardships of this,and there were many, my dad was very sick...and never really recovered.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:31 am
Hammer for Life

to be fair, we prefer the Germans to the English...
Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Just remember, the English majority has been slipping of late...
I prefer South Koreans to Scots....

Slipping maybe, but we could still take the lot of ya......

Right outside 5pm, and if you aint there we're starting without ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.