Snap Election 8 June!

Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Snap Election 8 June!

Originally Posted by ExpatAl
Ok - so if you feel people were duped into voting Leave because of claims such as the above, what about the fearmongering and lies from the Remain side? How many people were duped into voting Remain because of the proposed 'Emergency Budget'? The threats from big businesses to cull jobs and move overseas?
That's not what I said, but yes, I think some people were completely fooled by this particular absolute lie. That the morning after the vote was hurriedly denied and avoided. Do you think the bus was a bit of a centerpiece to the leave campaign?

Anyway, has Brexit happened yet? Because a lot of this stuff might happen when it does. Apart from the bus bit obviously, they all denied that afterwards. I think Gove even voted against the investigation into the impact of Brexit on the NHS...so did he ever even give a shit?
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

And.... I'm out. Back to exile have a good weekend folks. Off to Dubai for a few days.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
And.... I'm out. Back to exile have a good weekend folks. Off to Dubai for a few days.
Have a good one! I'm flying to Dubai on Friday
Old Apr 19th 2017, 10:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa it's a right wing invasion!

Have fun guys.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 11:04 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok - so if you feel people were duped into voting Leave because of claims such as the above, what about the fearmongering and lies from the Remain side? How many people were duped into voting Remain because of the proposed 'Emergency Budget'? The threats from big businesses to cull jobs and move overseas?
That's already happening and we haven't even ****ing left yet.

It was you who raised the argument that the Leave lies didn't have an impact, and now you squirming and diverting attention by saying "Well, Remain did the same". That belies the same disingenuous and dishonest tactics used by Leave.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

ExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of lightExpatAl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That's already happening and we haven't even ****ing left yet.

It was you who raised the argument that the Leave lies didn't have an impact, and now you squirming and diverting attention by saying "Well, Remain did the same". That belies the same disingenuous and dishonest tactics used by Leave.
And the same could be said for companies who previously threatened to leave, to change their tune and confirm further investment in the UK.

I'm only playing to your view of the Leave 'lies'. Personally I don't think Leave voters took it that literally (as Remainers would have you believe) but if you feel it did have a significant impact on the result, my counter-argument would be that voters could fall for scare tactics used by the Remain side.

Originally Posted by Meow
Whoa it's a right wing invasion!

Have fun guys.
Haha thanks - it will be anything but fun moving my s**t abroad!
Old Apr 19th 2017, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

Personally I don't think Leave voters took it that literally
Half of them still believe it FFS!
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavtek
Half of them still believe it FFS!
😂

(And we're still waiting for that invasion, Turkey and BMW stuff...)
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

LouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond reputeLouisB has a reputation beyond repute

So much bullshit behind brexit, it's why they'll be endless back and forth banter about it.

It's like a religion in many ways, and try arguing or reasoning with that.

What's the bible, the daily mail I guess. How standards have dropped.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:45 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouisB
So much bullshit behind brexit, it's why they'll be endless back and forth banter about it.

It's like a religion in many ways, and try arguing or reasoning with that.

What's the bible, the daily mail I guess. How standards have dropped.
And here's a thing: we know what the 48% remain voters voted for as staying in the EU is a clear and well understood proposition.

But the 52% of Brexit voters had a range of things in mind and most of them will not end up with what they wanted. So there will be probably at least 70%+ of the electorate who did not get what they voted for in the referendum, which offered a completely bogus and unbalanced choice to begin with. There is a huge difference between the unicorns and rainbows hardcore Brexit Sinn Feiners ("Sinn Fein" literally means "ourselves alone" or "just us") who believe all ills will be resolved simply by leaving the EU and the people who want to retain a free-market without the political structures.

Even if the latter group account for just 5% of the Brexit vote then there is a clear majority in favour of a maintaining access to the free market. So why is the government trying to prepare the ground for a much more extreme outcome? This election is just one more step in that direction: the Tories will get a whopping parliamentary majority with 45% of the vote giving them the apparent "mandate" to lead us somewhere only a deluded bunch of extremists ever wanted to go.

How the hell has it all come to this? Why have the loudest most obnoxious voices, fanned by lying distortions in a press controlled by a few sinister individuals, come to dominate the public discourse to this extent? This will go down as a very sad and dangerous era in British politics.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 12:57 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope

How the hell has it all come to this? Why have the loudest most obnoxious voices, fanned by lying distortions in a press controlled by a few sinister individuals, come to dominate the public discourse to this extent? This will go down as a very sad and dangerous era in British politics.
ultimately because we let it. because those more liberal in their views allowed the idea of balance to infect us all. we should have been calling out ****ing stupid ideas for what they were a long time ago. sometimes fair and balanced means calling the other side ****ing stupid and demanding proof of their insane ideas.

Any nation that took the idea and ran with it that experts were somehow a bad thing, actually **** it i can be arsed anymore. We reap what we sow.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:05 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Any nation that took the idea and ran with it that experts were somehow a bad thing, actually **** it i can be arsed anymore. We reap what we sow.
This.

It mystifies me how people think they know more than experts in any particular field. I fear that easy access to information, by way of the internet, is to blame as anyone can google any old piece of unverified nonsense and share it thus propagating false information. So many live in a bubble whereby they only see and read sources that back up their existing beliefs.

Nice to see you shiva.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

KJinDoha is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone expect the result to be a labour/lib dem win?
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:23 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
ultimately because we let it. because those more liberal in their views allowed the idea of balance to infect us all. we should have been calling out ****ing stupid ideas for what they were a long time ago. sometimes fair and balanced means calling the other side ****ing stupid and demanding proof of their insane ideas.

This.
Old Apr 19th 2017, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
the internet, is to blame as anyone can google any old piece of unverified nonsense and share it thus propagating false information. So many live in a bubble whereby they only see and read sources that back up their existing beliefs.
So there aren't loads of single girls in my area who want no-strings attached fun?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.