Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

snail sacked from charity work

snail sacked from charity work

Old Jun 18th 2011, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default snail sacked from charity work

So do you remember the guy who walked the London marathon in a deep sea divers outfit? Well this year he crawled the marathon dressed as the snail out of the magic roundabout doing a mile a day- so 26 days or crawling. And after failing to raise enough money he's been sacked by the charity he was working for. Can you imagine crawling 26miles. To date he has raised more than 5 million bit harsh form the charity I think- maybe he's a bit slimy at work or something...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13751871
Old Jun 18th 2011, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: snail sacked from charity work

Originally Posted by kittycat1
So do you remember the guy who walked the London marathon in a deep sea divers outfit? Well this year he crawled the marathon dressed as the snail out of the magic roundabout doing a mile a day- so 26 days or crawling. And after failing to raise enough money he's been sacked by the charity he was working for. Can you imagine crawling 26miles. To date he has raised more than 5 million bit harsh form the charity I think- maybe he's a bit slimy at work or something...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13751871
I saw this one too! Seems a bit mean to give him the chop. I would love to see the documentation if he decides to take it to the Industrial Tribunal!

Name? Lloyd Scott
Occupation? Snail
Workplace? Magic Roundabout

BTW: Eddie Kidd the Motorcycle Stunt Rider, who was paralysed made it through to the end!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13590627