Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Smoggie - guilty or not guilty

Smoggie - guilty or not guilty

Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoggie - guilty or not guilty

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Ag she was from the North East so being guilty of that is enough for 20 years in an Indonesian jail, surely. Finding the coke was just the icing on the cake.
She must be thick as shite. Runs off to live in a mud hut in India with the chipati maker from a curry house in the Boro and her Kids are all scum and jail birds. And my is it ugly.
she's from Yorkshire.... guilty
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My parents had 10 children, two of whom have spent time in jail. Neither of my parents have ever been in trouble with the law. Actually, that's not true - my father was cited once for being a pro-choice protester.

My own son has spent time in jail (juvenile facility) yet neither my husband nor myself have ever been in jail.

It's ludicrous to say that because a child is in jail that the parents must be criminals as well.

"To a certain extent. But I firmly believe you are a product of your environment. Parents should be partly looking at themselves if their kid is a complete **** up."

Again, in my own personal circumstance 8/10 of my parents' children are not **** ups. 2/3 of my children are not **** ups. Neither of my parents and none of my children's parents are **** ups either.
To be honest, I don't really know what to say to all that.

I didn't say the parent's were criminals as well. I believe a kid is a product of their environment. If someone doesn't know right and wrong and how to control themselves by the time they are a teenager and end up in trouble, who is to blame? Are kids meant to bring themselves up?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

I didn't say the parent's were criminals as well. I believe a kid is a product of their environment. If someone doesn't know right and wrong and how to control themselves by the time they are a teenager and end up in trouble, who is to blame? Are kids meant to bring themselves up?
Of course not but if, as in Dorothy's case, 8 out of 10 are fine upstanding members of the community, did the parents fail the other two or did those two decide to ignore the parents teaching and go their own way? Do you blame Dorothy's parents or do you congratulate them for succeeding with 8/10?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone taking Drugs into Bali, Thailand, or anywhere else in Asia knows of the consequences, before they even go there! - Death Penalty! - End of Story! So do not do it! There is quite a good link on YouTUBE (Bangkok Hilton) where the condemned are cut-in-half with a machine gun! So do not try to make excuses - Mitigating Circumstances, Social Reports, Community Service Orders, and ASBOs do not 'Cut any Ice' with the Thai Authorities! They just 'Pull the Trigger!' - And quite rightly too!

She seems to fit into that role of "Alien was the Father of my child, but Husband calls me a Slag!" - Sunday Sport!

With regard to 'Are kids meant to bring themselves up?' - All I can say is that 'Strangulation at Birth' would be fitting solution, in certain circumstances!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Of course not but if, as in Dorothy's case, 8 out of 10 are fine upstanding members of the community, did the parents fail the other two or did those two decide to ignore the parents teaching and go their own way? Do you blame Dorothy's parents or do you congratulate them for succeeding with 8/10?
That's up to you to decide for yourself.

Personally, I think if you can make one child understand basic rights / wrongs of life then replicating it twice, three times, 10 times, 100 times should be achievable...

That being said, I can imagine it's difficult it is to raise 10 kids.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:55 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I think if you can make one child understand basic rights / wrongs of life then replicating it twice, three times, 10 times, 100 times should be achievable...

You may be right Scamp, but once you go into double digits I think it is reasonable to believe that your attention as a good parent is not sufficient to cover all kids equally.

In addition you're getting into pareto principle territory (also known as 80/20 rule) once you have so many kids and surprisingly Dorothy's stats are right on the money....
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by norsk
You may be right Scamp, but once you go into double digits I think it is reasonable to believe that your attention as a good parent is not sufficient to cover all kids equally.

In addition you're getting into pareto principle territory (also known as 80/20 rule) once you have so many kids and surprisingly Dorothy's stats are right on the money....
Exactly, but you enter those parameters through choice.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:17 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Exactly, but you enter those parameters through choice.
Cos you get given a bigger council house?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

But children are human beings and so all completely individual, just because they're all brought up the same by the same parents in the same house, can never mean they will all turn out the same I've got two girls, chalk and cheese, sometimes they're convinced the other one is an alien. They know the difference between right and wrong but that doesn't mean that outside influences can't or won't jump in and **** things up. It's not as simple as being down to the parents.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jun 11th 2012 at 1:24 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:49 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
But children are human beings and so all completely individual, just because they're all brought up the same by the same parents in the same house, can never mean they will all turn out the same:confused I've got two girls, chalk and cheese, sometimes they're convinced the other one is an alien. They know the difference between right and wrong but that doesn't mean that outside influences can't or won't jump in and **** things up. It's not as simple as being down to the parents.
I have two kids myself (so I'm not just talking without experience) and although all kids are different and therefore raising them is never exactly the same, the ground rules you set will be taken on-board in the same way regardless.

There is no grey when it comes to right or wrong! If the parents are not making this sufficiently clear then I'm afraid it is their own fault that their kids turn out as f**ckups.

(of course kids as human beings have free will to ultimately do the opposite or choose to be bad despite their parents trying everything to avoid it..)

Last edited by norsk; Jun 11th 2012 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

To a certain extent. But I firmly believe you are a product of your environment. Parents should be partly looking at themselves if their kid is a complete **** up.
Yes you are a product of your environment to some extent BUT everyone makes their own choices.

My sister & her husband are quite well off, both kids went to top of the range schools, loving family, stable childhood and had exactly the same advantages. One now - top of her class with Honours with sponsored post grad + job lined up. The other... My congratulations on him reaching 18 'Congratulations.. you can now officially be tried as an adult'...
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Give me the child until he is 7 and I will give you the man

Never a truer phrase said.

Scumbag smoggy roman catholic dross breeding with scumbag smoggy RC dross = nuclear physicist or poet laureate offspring ?
Old Jun 11th 2012, 8:42 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

I think sad ugly munter that was sold she wouldn't get caught (cos she's sad ugly munter). Personally, if i was ever going to smuggle drugs I wouldn't choose said SUM, I'd be a bit sharper and use a regular traveller....

Just saying.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:48 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Scumbag smoggy roman catholic dross breeding with scumbag smoggy RC dross = nuclear physicist or poet laureate offspring ?
Were you interfered with by priests as a lad or something?

she is guilty, but I am surprised she didn't try carry the drugs "internally". She looks like she has the capacity and for sure the police wouldn't want to go there. Even the sniffer dog would have more respect for his nose.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Were you interfered with by priests as a lad or something?

she is guilty, but I am surprised she didn't try carry the drugs "internally". She looks like she has the capacity and for sure the police wouldn't want to go there. Even the sniffer dog would have more respect for his nose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.