Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Smells that remind you of something ....

Smells that remind you of something ....

Old May 2nd 2009, 3:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Smells that remind you of something ....

I got a bottle of Body Shop white musk for Christmas, an old favourite of mine, every time I wear it I think of Duran Duran and nightclubbing at Banwell's Club in Shields Circa mid 80's.
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smells that remind you of something ....

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I got a bottle of Body Shop white musk for Christmas, an old favourite of mine, every time I wear it I think of Duran Duran and nightclubbing at Banwell's Club in Shields Circa mid 80's.
Smells like teen spirit...
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Smells like teen spirit...
I wish, I was a tad older than my teens at that point
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, smells and music....

I did not have much money in those days, so instead of perfume i used sun tan oil (Aussie gold, smells of Oranges and summer ) went well with mini skirts and Frankie goes to Hollywood....good times!
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Alexa
Oh yes, smells and music....

I did not have much money in those days, so instead of perfume i used sun tan oil (Aussie gold, smells of Oranges and summer ) went well with mini skirts and Frankie goes to Hollywood....good times!
relax, don't do it ..
Old May 2nd 2009, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

relax, don't do it ..
The world is my Oyster....
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm being a proper UAE expat. Lots of booze and pork tonight.

Hmm. Smell....I passed a woman today wearing the same perfume an old girlfriend of mine wore, ten years ago.

Boy. I don't know whether to be more surprised that I can still remember the smell of a perfume from ten years ago, or that I'm now old enough to remember a perfume from ten years ago!

As people from Brooklyn might say, foick.
Old May 2nd 2009, 4:53 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

sweaty sports socks always reminds me of the smell of the CMR in Royal Navy warships..
Old May 2nd 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
sweaty sports socks always reminds me of the smell of the CMR in Royal Navy warships..
How nice....
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Love the smell of leather.
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Creosote (sp) reminds me of walking to high school many years ago in summer and sticking my nose against any fence that had been recently painted with creosote. Often late....
Old May 3rd 2009, 5:50 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the smell of fresh linen on the bed especially with lemon verbena linen spray. It reminds me of when my mom would change my bed linen when I was a kid - she used to put fresh sticks of lemon verbena from the tree in our garden in between the sheets when they were in the cupboard.

Other smells that I love are fresh cut grass, baked bread, bbq, salty sea smell, new car smell, honey, black truffles - the list is endless!
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Razzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really nice
Smile Re: Smells that remind you of something ....

Ahh the smell of Wintergreen wafting from the sweaty contents of my husbands sports bag - reminds me of feeling like a newly wed.
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:21 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

um... gross i know, but what the hell...

when in the morgue, we used to use eucalyptus oil to try and disguise the smell, especially if it was a bad one. didn't work very well.

(slightly funny and black side to it all was seeing all these old dottery grandmothers walking around with eucalyptus oil burners... the smell of death! )
Old May 3rd 2009, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Razzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really niceRazzy is just really nice

Patchouli Oil always reminds me of hippies. - Transports me straight back to our local where the juke box is playing the opening riff to Smoke on the Water. There was some other funny smelling smoke in the air then too, cant think what that was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.