Small World

Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Small World

I know the world is a small place and am forever meeting people who know people I know et etc - six degrees of separation and all that.

But today was the weirdest one in Dubai to date. I pulled my girls out of the Ballet Centre because it was such a load of cr*p - anyway have been asking around and getting a feel for who I should try next. I spoke to a lady today and was thinking, yeah this sounds just the type of school I'm after for my girls. Anyway, cut a long story short, my girls were taught from toddlers by two women in Brisbane one aged 93, the other considerably younger. Turns out the lady I was speaking to in Dubai was taught by the 93 year old and taught the younger one.

It's made my day (probably cause I've had a rubbish week, every morning getting up to a phone call or email from Aus to tell me my uncle, my dog and my grandfather had fallen off the perch).
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:10 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Small World

Originally Posted by Kim67 View Post
I know the world is a small place and am forever meeting people who know people I know et etc - six degrees of separation and all that.

But today was the weirdest one in Dubai to date. I pulled my girls out of the Ballet Centre because it was such a load of cr*p - anyway have been asking around and getting a feel for who I should try next. I spoke to a lady today and was thinking, yeah this sounds just the type of school I'm after for my girls. Anyway, cut a long story short, my girls were taught from toddlers by two women in Brisbane one aged 93, the other considerably younger. Turns out the lady I was speaking to in Dubai was taught by the 93 year old and taught the younger one.

It's made my day (probably cause I've had a rubbish week, every morning getting up to a phone call or email from Aus to tell me my uncle, my dog and my grandfather had fallen off the perch).
a true cilla black moment...pass the hankies..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
a true cilla black moment...pass the hankies..
hey don't laugh, I was so happy I almost did cry - I think i'm getting soft in my old age
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:00 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

hey don't laugh, I was so happy I almost did cry - I think i'm getting soft in my old age
it is cool when things like that happen though..

I was once in a strip bar in Rio and i saw a guy getting his privates tickled by a hooker. He was in my class at school.

I passed him the hankies also..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:01 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I was once in a strip bar in Rio and i saw a guy getting his privates tickled by a hooker. He was in my class at school.

Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:27 pm
W10

That reminds me of one of my favourite Viz articles, a film review about Silence of the Lambs.

'Before watching the film my friend told me to bring a hankie, to be honest there wasn't that much to wank over'

Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Joke away boys - I don't care....I'm still on a high - my girls are going to have decent ballet tuition and I'm no longer gonna feel like Joan Crawford for subjecting them to the torture they've been subjected to for four months.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:38 am
banned

Joke away boys - I don't care....I'm still on a high - my girls are going to have decent ballet tuition and I'm no longer gonna feel like Joan Crawford for subjecting them to the torture they've been subjected to for four months.
kim, i wasnt joking....this DID happen, 1998, the Florida bar by the main cargo port in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I was in the Royal Navy and the hooker pumper worked on cargo ships.

For the record, i only popped in for a quick shandy
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

I went travelling on my own about 5 years ago, spent a month in thailand then went to sydney, told the driver 'Coogee' and the tit had never heard of it, I was jetlagged, it was 5am and I knew nowt about Oz, so I went 'er, erm, ok bondi beach please then', he took me there, I checked into a hostel, had a nap and some brekkie.

Went down to the beach later, Toon top on and english paper (sorry) and heard 'oi spugsy', and there's my mate from home who'd also gone travelling a month before, we had no idea either of us had been planning on going travelling,

was ace, I moved in with him for a few months and it was a great way to start my Oz travels.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

kim, i wasnt joking....this DID happen, 1998, the Florida bar by the main cargo port in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I was in the Royal Navy and the hooker pumper worked on cargo ships.

For the record, i only popped in for a quick shandy
What a handy...