British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   slingshots - aka big swim bras (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/slingshots-aka-big-swim-bras-733540/)

Millhouse Sep 25th 2011 7:27 am

slingshots - aka big swim bras

Anyone know a good supplier of under-wired supporting swimwear in Dubai?

Think comedy size -huge bangers and tiny back.

kittycat1 Sep 25th 2011 7:38 am

Re: slingshots - aka big swim bras

its nigh on impossible- order them in- Figleaves or Bravissimo or Rigby and Pellar all deliver here. Google is your friend.

Debenhams have a small range but their buyers should be shot as they don't have bottoms to match the tops in coherent sizing.last resort would be M&S.

I'm getting very tempted to get a little shop going as there are so many women here with this problem!

Madam Medusa Sep 25th 2011 8:23 am

yeah, bravissimo is fantastic, delivers in a matter of a few days...just had some sports bras delivered from them, bloody hell, they are a feat of engineering, lol...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Sep 25th 2011 8:27 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9640612)
I'm getting very tempted to get a little shop going as there are so many women here with this problem!

there've been a few people here doing this, and there was a shop in dubai ladies club, but they never had any stock...if you opened something with a good selection and lots of stock, you'd earn a fortune...!

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Sep 25th 2011 8:30 am

actually, doh, just remembered millhouse...there is a really good swimwear place upstairs in jumeirah centre...it has lots of underwired cup-sized bikinis/cozzies, but it's not cheap...

MM, xx

Millhouse Sep 25th 2011 8:45 am

Thanks my big breasted friends - I shall let Mrs Millhouse know.

And Kitty - if you open that shop I'll be your first customer. I can't promise to buy anything but I'll happily spend my afternoons there.

Millhouse Sep 25th 2011 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9640650)
yeah, bravissimo is fantastic, delivers in a matter of a few days...just had some sports bras delivered from them, bloody hell, they are a feat of engineering, lol...

MM, xx

We thought about this - in the UK though she orders 10 from them and sends a load back. Can you do that here?

Madam Medusa Sep 25th 2011 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9640680)
We thought about this - in the UK though she orders 10 from them and sends a load back. Can you do that here?

yeah, i think it's just as easy...i haven't had to send anything back, but it arrives will all the return forms etc...

MM, xx

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 25th 2011 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 9640679)
Thanks my big breasted friends - I shall let Mrs Millhouse know.

And Kitty - if you open that shop I'll be your first customer. I can't promise to buy anything but I'll happily spend my afternoons there.

My step mum has the larger bresticles. I used to love going through airport scanners and watch the security women wonder how to approach checking whether the bra actually had a wire in or knives and bombs. Classic

Spugsy Sep 25th 2011 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9640650)

MM, xx

Christ do you not need scaffolding to hold your whoppers in place when you're running?

Spugsy Sep 25th 2011 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9640938)
My step mum has the larger bresticles. I used to love going through airport scanners and watch the security women wonder how to approach checking whether the bra actually had a wire in or knives and bombs. Classic

Did she ever let you have a feel?

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 25th 2011 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9640965)
Did she ever let you have a feel?

She's a Geordie so I'm surprised I've never been offered, but fortunately, I've managed to keep considerable distance.

OleJanx Sep 25th 2011 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9640979)
She's a Geordie so I'm surprised I've never been offered, but fortunately, I've managed to keep considerable distance.

Discretion is the better part of valor...

Spugsy Sep 25th 2011 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9640979)

if thats the case I'm surprised she never flopped them out and ambushed you.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 25th 2011 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 9641013)
if thats the case I'm surprised she never flopped them out and ambushed you.

I am too, but hey. Perhaps I've never shared my chips.