British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   'Slight' change in plans at JBR.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/slight-change-plans-jbr-536969/)

IndieG May 16th 2008 10:59 am

'Slight' change in plans at JBR....

They're not building the beach park anymore. Instead of the beach park they're building a car park.

So you cannot even trust established developers to stick to plans anymore:blink:

QUOTE (from the JBR community forum)

I haven't been on this forum before but I own apartments in JBR which are rented so I have a vested interest in this topic, bearing in mind that this investment was sold to me as living in a 'Beach Lifestyle'.

Some residents, about 16 in total, were invited to a 'Focus Group' meeting last night (12th May) at the new JBR offices in Knowledge Village. The speaker was attracting feedback about JBR in general and about another, yet to be released, Dubai Properties venture. Part of the forum included questions from residents in relation to the Gyms and the Beach Park and Beach Clubs. The speaker was reluctant to discuss the issues but was eventually forced to as the invited audience were becoming quite angry at his reluctance.

He admitted that the plans for the Beach Park had changed totally and there was now going to be a car park between the Hilton and Sheraton hotels apart from the areas allocated to the hotels which would be beach clubs. There will apparantly be a narrow strip of beach park but it would be open to members of the public and not just residents. Obviously the focus group were in uproar about this news however the speaker went on to suggest that residents would still have access to the public beach or would be able to join one of the hotel's beach clubs albeit they would have to pay beach club membership.

He also stated that the promised 7 gyms were not being built and gave his reason as being dangerous because of traffic fumes. I don't quite see the validity of that but don't shoot the messenger! The focus group were then informed that there would now be only two gyms built and that they would be at the Shams end of the development.

As I see it this is extremely bad news for both JBR residents and owners alike, the residents as they are not receiving what has been promised to them by landlords albeit in good faith, and owners as there is bound to be a knock-down effect on end-use prices of apartments, after all who wants to have a view of a car park!

This kind of news does absolutely nothing for the reputation of Dubai Properties and can only make future investors reluctant to place their cash into a market where developers are able to change core features of a development at a whim.

Further, once it was established that the beach park (the small amount that is left on the side of the car park) would be accessible to the public, the participants asked who would be paying for the maintenance of the beach park. The clear answer back to the participants was "the public beach park maintenance will be included in the JBR maintenance fee". Even the presenter appeared to be embarrassed to be saying this ... but that is clearly what was said.

UNQUOTE

arbroath_abroad May 16th 2008 11:03 am

Re: 'Slight' change in plans at JBR....

He also stated that the promised 7 gyms were not being built and gave his reason as being dangerous because of traffic fumes
:D:D:D:D

IndieG May 16th 2008 11:10 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6357917)
:D:D:D:D

lol - he must think the investors will buy this outrageous explanation. But what exactly can investors do now?

W10 May 16th 2008 11:21 am

A friend of mine who lives in JBR said that the new improved, streamlined beach park mark 2, which will also be a public beach park, will also be paid for through the JBR maintainance charges.

NorthernLad May 16th 2008 11:40 am

In the words of BA Baracus, 'I pity da fools' who bought there.

busybee2 May 16th 2008 11:54 am

Isnt that one of the risks of buying in the UAE, its definately not a new one, been going on for at least 4 years by now! Know people involved in the construction industry and when they see the very first plans of a new development, they think ok they have listened and this one is not too crowded, lots of green things etc they have thought this one out, but then look at master plan no 2 and there goes all the good ideas under concrete.

MacScot May 16th 2008 12:13 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 6357895)
They're not building the beach park anymore. Instead of the beach park they're building a car park.

There were supposed to be 3 planned beach developments (see photo) - surely not all will be car parks??

lionheart May 16th 2008 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 6358165)
There were supposed to be 3 planned beach developments (see photo) - surely not all will be car parks??

Think again!

MacScot May 16th 2008 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6358180)
Think again!

I think many owners and residents of the JBR bought or rented because of the potential beach lifestyle. So it is a serious issue.

The best thing is for JBR residents to inundate Mr. Mohammed Bin Brek, CEO of Dubai Properties ([email protected]) with emails questioning what the plans for the beach are and to show their depth of feeling on this matter.

busybee2 May 16th 2008 12:55 pm

people have tried that before, look at Dubai Country Club!

arbroath_abroad May 16th 2008 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2 (Post 6358319)
people have tried that before, look at Dubai Country Club!

christ dont bring that up...BC is just out of rehab over this....:D

Grace O Malley May 16th 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6358361)

Ah AA you're in great form today:)

busybee2 May 16th 2008 1:12 pm

i know, i know her well!

expat.brat May 16th 2008 3:05 pm

let me get this straight. there is going to be a car park right next to the beach??

Blue Cat May 16th 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6358361)

git :rofl::rofl::rofl:

friend of mine is in JBR and she told me that they now will have to pay to use the beach club :confused: