British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sleeping the car (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sleeping-car-769101/)

Scamp Aug 22nd 2012 10:28 am

Sleeping the car
 
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/he...cars-1.1064327

As the comments suggest, what's the difference between sleeping in a car with A/C on and driving in the car with A/C on for a long period?

Scientists, please help.

Scamp Aug 22nd 2012 10:30 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 
Title edit; 'Sleeping in the car'

al dente Aug 22nd 2012 10:48 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10239933)
Title edit; 'Sleeping in the car'

Not to be confused with sleeping with a car. I though, perhaps things may have gone downhill for Scamp.

Scamp Aug 22nd 2012 10:51 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 10239954)
Not to be confused with sleeping with a car. I though, perhaps things may have gone downhill for Scamp.

Did you ever see that Channel4 doc on 'mecaphiles' (think that's what they are called.

The bloke they were following was caught kissing the crew's 4x4 in the middle of the night. Awesomely funny.

al dente Aug 22nd 2012 11:03 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10239960)
Did you ever see that Channel4 doc on 'mecaphiles' (think that's what they are called.

The bloke they were following was caught kissing the crew's 4x4 in the middle of the night. Awesomely funny.

Plumbing new depths etc etc Nowt as queer as folk!

Scamp Aug 22nd 2012 11:08 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by al dente (Post 10239975)
Plumbing new depths etc etc Nowt as queer as folk!

http://www.google.ae/imgres?um=1&hl=...9,r:0,s:0,i:68

Found it. That's the secret footage of the bloke snogging their car.

al dente Aug 22nd 2012 11:13 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10239980)
http://www.google.ae/imgres?um=1&hl=...9,r:0,s:0,i:68

Found it. That's the secret footage of the bloke snogging their car.

Words fail....

Millhouse Aug 24th 2012 6:58 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10239932)
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/he...cars-1.1064327

As the comments suggest, what's the difference between sleeping in a car with A/C on and driving in the car with A/C on for a long period?

Scientists, please help.

lack of airflow over the car. highly unlikely though.

Also the AC doesn't run as cool when not moving, same reason. Not that will kill you though.

Boomhauer Aug 24th 2012 7:14 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10239932)
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/he...cars-1.1064327

As the comments suggest, what's the difference between sleeping in a car with A/C on and driving in the car with A/C on for a long period?

Scientists, please help.

Stationary car means the CO stays in the immidiate vicinity and can seep into the car . Still unless you are in a confined space, I don't see how enough CO could get into the car unless your exhaust had a leak in it.

BTW, have you felt short of breath when taking a swig of fresh soda? I read that it is the CO displacing the oxygen in the air and in your bloodstream but don't know how true that explanation is , though sounds plausible.

Millhouse Aug 24th 2012 7:34 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10243872)
Stationary car means the CO stays in the immidiate vicinity and can seep into the car . Still unless you are in a confined space, I don't see how enough CO could get into the car unless your exhaust had a leak in it.

BTW, have you felt short of breath when taking a swig of fresh soda? I read that it is the CO displacing the oxygen in the air and in your bloodstream but don't know how true that explanation is , though sounds plausible.

Correct on the car. But, I hope it's CO2 and not CO on the coke...

Boomhauer Aug 24th 2012 7:45 am

Re: Sleeping the car
 

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10243882)
Correct on the car. But, I hope it's CO2 and CO on the coke...

Yeah meant to type CO2:blink:


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:57 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.