British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sky News (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sky-news-667391/)

Grace O Malley May 8th 2010 3:42 pm

Sky News

Has just had to go off the air due to thugs/morons shouting obscenities whilst Kay Burley doing a live outside broadcast interview.

Morons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

commander May 8th 2010 4:29 pm

Re: Sky News

'**** the BBC' was heard by my 2yo daughter...:D

MacScot May 8th 2010 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8551739)
'**** the BBC' was heard by my 2yo daughter...:D

You have to be careful what you say in front of the children...all because the BBC cancelled the triathlon highlights ! :D

Spugsy May 9th 2010 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8551683)
Has just had to go off the air due to thugs/morons shouting obscenities whilst Kay Burley doing a live outside broadcast interview.

Morons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

it really is dreadful though, a dumbed down news channel.

littlejimmy May 9th 2010 7:08 am

Kay Burley is a bitch. Anyone see that interview she did with Peter Andre?

Then there's that pompous fat-head Adam Boulton. Look up the exchange he had with Alistair Campbell on election night when Campbell accused Sky of bias. You can see Boulton getting quite upset.

Malibu Ken May 9th 2010 7:25 am

http://jenee.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/news.jpg

Meow May 9th 2010 8:03 am

I am no fan of Sky News or Kay Burleigh, but I really do despair of many Brits. No wonder we have a reputation for being loud-mouthed drunks across the world. :(

-

Malibu Ken May 9th 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8552824)
I am no fan of Sky News or Kay Burleigh, but I really do despair of many Brits. No wonder we have a reputation for being loud-mouthed drunks across the world. :(

-

Yeah, a lot of your adult men act like big dumb college kids. If you're over 21 and you get stinking drunk and loud in public in America- you're considered a total loser or a mental defective

Bahtatboy May 9th 2010 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8552824)

-

Hic!:o

lullabelle May 9th 2010 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Malibu Ken (Post 8552832)
Yeah, a lot of your adult men act like big dumb college kids. If you're over 21 and you get stinking drunk and loud in public in America- you're considered a total loser or a mental defective

Aw, that's just an ancient youth mating dance. The more elderly mating ritual involves getting stinking drunk then sitting moaning about the kids/the wife/work/the goverment/the youth of today etc ad naseum until they either fall asleep or wee themselves or both.

It's quite endearing really...

The Dean May 10th 2010 3:58 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 8552735)
Kay Burley is a bitch. Anyone see that interview she did with Peter Andre?

Then there's that pompous fat-head Adam Boulton. Look up the exchange he had with Alistair Campbell on election night when Campbell accused Sky of bias. You can see Boulton getting quite upset.

He was getting upset because Campbell (Mandelson also waded in) was basically accusing Sky of breaking the law. There may be some substance to the 'biased' accusation, but it was at least worthy of a challenge from Boulton.

As for Kay Birley, I understand how people feel. I also know one of her early-exes who reliably informs me that she "does everything".......... :o

Sandboy May 10th 2010 4:45 am

it turns more like Fox every day...

enjoyed Boulton and Campbell squaring up - Campbell had a point, they did focus on the nobody slagging off Brown but the worst was when Brown gave the best speech of the whole campaign and they focused over and over on the tit who stood up with a bit of paper.

Campbell and Blair would have pissed all over the 3 stooges put in front of us last week, soulless.

Inselaffen May 10th 2010 4:50 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8554320)
He was getting upset because Campbell (Mandelson also waded in) was basically accusing Sky of breaking the law. There may be some substance to the 'biased' accusation, but it was at least worthy of a challenge from Boulton.

As for Kay Birley, I understand how people feel. I also know one of her early-exes who reliably informs me that she "does everything".......... :o

I enjoyed the Campbell incident. He was very happy to have sky and most of the other media kissing labour arses during the Blair era. now they've switched sides he wants an unbiased media!

Grace O Malley May 10th 2010 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8552578)
it really is dreadful though, a dumbed down news channel.

Its now about which channel or which journalist, its the thuggish behaviour that I really dislike,

lullabelle May 10th 2010 7:09 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8554320)

OOOH which one do you know? I know several of of ex Burley bonkers too! Is it a cameraman by any chance? She had a thing for cameramen...

She's not a nice person - she may have changed in ten years mind you. Totally immoral, quite vicious. In my time at Sky she was party to the breakup of two marriages! A temperament to match Esther Rantzen's in her hey day.

So I'm afraid I chuckled at the spectacle of her being shouted down, knowing that inside she'd be black with rage. Real poisonous rage.