Six Nations Rugby

Old Feb 23rd 2013, 5:09 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Six Nations Rugby

Originally Posted by Scamp
Got a bad feeling about this match
It won't be a straightforward one.

N.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 6:16 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

France 3 straight defeats. I could not be happier, so I shall celebrate with something they are good at and open a bottle of Chablis.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 7:59 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
France 3 straight defeats. I could not be happier, so I shall celebrate with something they are good at and open a bottle of Chablis.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That'll do from England.

Goode is looking like a serious 15. Tuilagi was impressive. But, yet again, captain Robshaw was superb. Credit.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Farrell wasn't that great, apart from the early kicks.

Anyway, showed France are a cracking 60 min team when they want to play...but they really need to remember it's a 80 min game.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

England's front row got shagged again........... becoming a worry..........
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ireland.

Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:46 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Ireland.

Pah....
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Pah....
That's what the Irish thought of Scotland's chances.

How much on a scale of 0-Completely do Ireland rely on BOD still?
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:55 am

That's what the Irish thought of Scotland's chances.

How much on a scale of 0-Completely do Ireland rely on BOD still?
Well in fairness once we've lost to England the tournament is over... You are right of course about O'Driscoll but it would hardly be the first match where the rest of them turned up for only part of it. I didn't watch fortunately.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Well in fairness once we've lost to England the tournament is over... You are right of course about O'Driscoll but it would hardly be the first match where the rest of them turned up for only part of it. I didn't watch fortunately.
Is your first sentence sarcastic?

I genuinely hate the desperate desire of Welsh, Scots, Irish to just beat England. Now that's a sweeping generalisation but so many fans of those nations don't seem bothered about playing each other so much, just beating England.

Ironically, all we care for is to beat the Frenchies.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 11:05 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I genuinely hate the desperate desire of Welsh, Scots, Irish to just beat England. Now that's a sweeping generalisation but so many fans of those nations don't seem bothered about playing each other so much, just beating England.

Ironically, all we care for is to beat the Frenchies.
I get the whole anti-English thing, even if it is unpleasant at times. It's about history and about size and all kinds of things. But I sit in a office with a guy who is English, born in London, but now claims to be Welsh for some reason. He moved there halfway through his life or something. He proclaimed loudly this morning (in his cockney twang) that he cheered on France against England. I just ignore him now because it's just ridiculous and I can't take him seriously.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I get the whole anti-English thing, even if it is unpleasant at times. It's about history and about size and all kinds of things. But I sit in a office with a guy who is English, born in London, but now claims to be Welsh for some reason. He moved there halfway through his life or something. He proclaimed loudly this morning (in his cockney twang) that he cheered on France against England. I just ignore him now because it's just ridiculous and I can't take him seriously.
Oh don't get me wrong, I get it. My Dad is anti-English and berates me for cheering them on "you should take the nationality of your father, son". All good fun.

It's just a bit tragic when some fans are so desperate for a team to lose not just to their team, but to whoever the opposition are.

I cheered on Scotland yesterday and Italy (I like an underdog).

Your colleague sounds like a right wanker.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:14 pm

That's exactly it. Certainly at football and rugby I think most of the Celtic fringe will support whoever is playing England (unless England are particularly shite and pitiful). Its the ABU syndrome - surely not that hard to understand.

I did find myself getting disturbingly caught up in the Olympics GB hype though, for example standing on the sofa roaring Mo Farah over the line...
Old Feb 25th 2013, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

That's exactly it. Certainly at football and rugby I think most of the Celtic fringe will support whoever is playing England (unless England are particularly shite and pitiful). Its the ABU syndrome - surely not that hard to understand.

I did find myself getting disturbingly caught up in the Olympics GB hype though, for example standing on the sofa roaring Mo Farah over the line...
OK. I didn't make myself clear. I understand, I just think it's tragic. It's like people supporting Bayern in the CL final last year instead of the English / British team in Chelsea.

Whilst I'm at it, I'm sick of meeting Irish people who support Celtic. That's just ****ing stupid. It's like me supporting New York Red Bulls because at some point English people went there. Morons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.