British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Six Nations Rugby (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/six-nations-rugby-785534/)

mentalist Jan 29th 2013 10:18 am

Six Nations Rugby

It starts this coming weekend I believe. Any predictions on the likely outcome? Didn't Wales do the business last year or am I mistaken? Will it be shown on TV here?

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 29th 2013 10:39 am

Re: Six Nations Rugby

Al Jazeera +3 normally. BUT, if there is a clash, you'll have to go hunting...think about the National Geographic channels or +10.

England will win it.

Wales are shit.
Scotland are slightly less shit.
Ireland are old and a bit shit.
France are a bit of a threat.
Italy are not to be underestimated but still, really, shit.

See.

mentalist Jan 29th 2013 10:50 am

The only problem, Scamp, is that not only are the England players slow and predictable, but their tactics are as equally shitty as the rest of them. Any of three teams could win this year.

flares Jan 29th 2013 11:45 am

Froggies this year

Mark my words

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 29th 2013 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10512253)
The only problem, Scamp, is that not only are the England players slow and predictable, but their tactics are as equally shitty as the rest of them. Any of three teams could win this year.

Danny Care.

He will solve all problems. Dynamic, attacking, smart footballer.

Bob Jan 29th 2013 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10512413)
Danny Care.

yeah, but aren't a bunch of the other decent players all broken? Well the ones who made an impression in the autumnals at least.

The Dean Jan 30th 2013 1:23 am

In odd-numbered years, it's wide open, as France have to go to Twickenham and Dublin. Two unpredictable matches, always.

In even-numbered years, France are favourites for the reverse reason.

What year is it?

Millsyisland Jan 30th 2013 4:26 am

It'll be on the BBC too so for those that can stream through the iPlayer, they can watch it there.

Despite England's performance against the All Blacks last year, I certainly don't think it's a done deal for them, particularly with Tuilagi out - not the neatest player but a battering ram of power.

The Dean Jan 30th 2013 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Millsyisland (Post 10513964)
It'll be on the BBC too so for those that can stream through the iPlayer, they can watch it there.

Despite England's performance against the All Blacks last year, I certainly don't think it's a done deal for them, particularly with Tuilagi out - not the neatest player but a battering ram of power.

I thought he was only missing the Scotland game - is his ankle worse then?

Millsyisland Jan 30th 2013 4:34 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10513965)
I thought he was only missing the Scotland game - is his ankle worse then?

Sorry no, badly worded on my part - currently he's only out for the Calcutta Cup so will hopefully be fit for Ireland next week.

At least it's only Scotland (sorry Scottish people). Twelvetrees is not a bad second choice anyway (if selected), another powerhouse. No international experience, but you've got to start somewhere?

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 30th 2013 4:50 am

I genuinely think Scotland are not to be ignored like we did Italy 10 years ago.

Anyway. It's a done deal for England. Trust me.

The Dean Jan 30th 2013 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10512413)
Danny Care.

2006 Under-19 World Cup.......... held in Dubai........... England half-backs Danny Care and Danny Cipriani........... the Aussies had Will Genia at 9 and Quade Cooper at 10.......... that was a tournament.......... :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 30th 2013 5:36 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10514002)
2006 Under-19 World Cup.......... held in Dubai........... England half-backs Danny Care and Danny Cipriani........... the Aussies had Will Genia at 9 and Quade Cooper at 10.......... that was a tournament.......... :thumbup:

Crikey, I bet that was mega.

Care is definitely the best of that lot though. I'm not at all biased am I?

mentalist Jan 30th 2013 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10514008)
Care is definitely the best of that lot though...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 30th 2013 6:31 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10514058)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can't be miles off...

Cipriani is distinctly below average week in week out.
Quade Cooper is a knobhead and somewhat overrated.
I don't know enough about Genia.

So Danny is at least second in the list and if I don't know GEnia, he must be pants.

Danny Care. Legend.