Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Simple thing - 3.5 jack to RCA adapter

Simple thing - 3.5 jack to RCA adapter

Old May 18th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice
Default Simple thing - 3.5 jack to RCA adapter

so in the UK I had a few of these and they were £1 or so

nobody has them apart from one shop I could get a full cable for 60dhs but didnt go back to the shop in MOE. Didnt want a full cable though

anywhere near marina that does AV cables?
Old May 18th 2011, 5:05 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simple thing - 3.5 jack to RCA adapter

Originally Posted by paca
so in the UK I had a few of these and they were £1 or so

nobody has them apart from one shop I could get a full cable for 60dhs but didnt go back to the shop in MOE. Didnt want a full cable though

anywhere near marina that does AV cables?
I'd have thought Carrefour in MoE would be a good bet, or maybe Geant in Ibn Battuta (Carrefour is better for that kind of thing though). There's a Sharaf DG in Marina Mall which might have one but no doubt you'd overpay.
Old May 18th 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

How desperate for it are you??? I have suitcase full of them, But can't need to go to the springs and get it some point over the weekend. If that helps!

Cheers Chris
Old May 18th 2011, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Just saw them today in the MOE - Virgin store in the guitar section. No idea what price they were.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

cara in MOE - sale's guy quote "urrrr, dont know", checked electrical and other cable type shelves

didnt check virgin

in MOE it was a belkin one in one of the E shops, I should have just bought it but at 10x what it should cost thought I could find a 10dhs one

only need one short term so will probably pick up a set of headphones and hack it with the cable I have and buy a beer with the saving

thanks all
Old May 20th 2011, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

I searched everywhere as I needed one of these too. Carrefour, MOE, wasn't expensive, 20dhm from memory.
Old May 20th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

got one. went back to cf

didnt ask for help this time, just checked all the electronics section, it was 6dhs
Old May 20th 2011, 2:55 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paca
got one. went back to cf

didnt ask for help this time, just checked all the electronics section, it was 6dhs

Asking for help in any supermarket in Dubai is often a mistake in my experience - lots of wasted time, and often advice that is worse than useless.

Especially asking where something is, to which the answer is invariably "over near the other side of the store [ensuring I can hide before you realise I am talking rubbish and you come back to find me]".