British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   A simple question... where is the better water park... Wild Wadi or Atlantis? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/simple-question-where-better-water-park-wild-wadi-atlantis-579844/)

Autonomy Dec 22nd 2008 6:27 pm

A simple question... where is the better water park... Wild Wadi or Atlantis?

Never been to either and have a few days off, fancy going to one or 't other...

Anyone been to both? Care to compare / contrast?

Cheers!

Auto

MataHari Dec 23rd 2008 5:08 am

Re: A simple question... where is the better water park... Wild Wadi or Atlantis?

but but...it's freezing cold outside...

The Dean Dec 23rd 2008 5:16 am

Re: A simple question... where is the better water park... Wild Wadi or Atlantis?

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7091810)

Cheers!

Auto

Wild Wadi is OK this year........... a friend within the Jumeirah organisation tells me that, according to their frequent water quality testing programme, urine levels are almost ten per cent down on 2007...........

lionheart Dec 23rd 2008 5:16 am

Cheers!

Auto

Mata Hari apparently loves Dreamland so why not try there and it certainly ain't freezing cold outside. Took my girls boating on Al Safa Park lake at the weekend and it was lovely.

rowell Dec 23rd 2008 5:20 am

Cheers!

Auto

Have been to both, in my opinion Atlantis has the edge

MataHari Dec 23rd 2008 5:21 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7093386)
Mata Hari apparently loves Dreamland so why not try there and it certainly ain't freezing cold outside. Took my girls boating on Al Safa Park lake at the weekend and it was lovely.

I think Dreamland is the better option when you have small kids...don't think that applies to Auto...plus is much less crowed and cheaper and there is more space to sit, even when all the chairs are taken (which I have never seen) you still have the grass to sit on, where as in WW, when you don't have a chair, there are no alternatives...
Not been to the Aquaventure so no idea about that...
and sitting in a boat fully dressed is a bit different from being wet in swimgear...the wind is very cold...at least I think it is...

DaWarrior Dec 23rd 2008 5:31 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7093393)
I think Dreamland is the better option when you have small kids...don't think that applies to Auto...plus is much less crowed and cheaper and there is more space to sit, even when all the chairs are taken (which I have never seen) you still have the grass to sit on, where as in WW, when you don't have a chair, there are no alternatives...
Not been to the Aquaventure so no idea about that...
and sitting in a boat fully dressed is a bit different from being wet in swimgear...the wind is very cold...at least I think it is...

I agree. Makes you think if we really are in the desert or not. Read that there are some tough storms hitting stateside as well.

Blue Cat Dec 23rd 2008 5:44 am

Cheers!

Auto

Atlantis is pretty good, I have a voucher here from the Entertainer if you want it.

Autonomy Dec 23rd 2008 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7093411)
Atlantis is pretty good, I have a voucher here from the Entertainer if you want it.

I got one for both Wadi and Atlantis (thanks!)

So Atlantis may have the edge... I agree it's a bit chilly, but should be just about ok during the day...

Mata - no kids to consider...!

Thanks all!

MataHari Dec 23rd 2008 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 7093415)
I got one for both Wadi and Atlantis (thanks!)

So Atlantis may have the edge... I agree it's a bit chilly, but should be just about ok during the day...

Mata - no kids to consider...!

Thanks all!

yeah...good weather for some nipple watching though

NorthernLad Dec 23rd 2008 8:50 am

Cheers!

Auto

Atlantis - better rides, and plenty of sunbeds. The missus and in-laws were there on Sunday and said it was quiet, no queues. Said it wasn't too cold unless you were in shade.

Confucius Dec 23rd 2008 1:41 pm

Cheers!

Auto

This should be a question only Spugsy should ask in a new thread...

Beard Man Dec 24th 2008 9:12 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7093385)
Wild Wadi is OK this year........... a friend within the Jumeirah organisation tells me that, according to their frequent water quality testing programme, urine levels are almost ten per cent down on 2007...........

WHAT ?

are you serious?????

Nic1 Dec 24th 2008 9:33 am

and you can get a beer at Dreamland . . .

DaWarrior Dec 24th 2008 9:36 am

The weather wasn't chilly at all for the past 2 days... so I guess not much nipples watch...