British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Simple Minds (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/simple-minds-584423/)

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 5:47 am

Simple Minds

who is who posts on here who is a huge fan of Simple Minds? I thought it was Confucious but a PM in his direction proved me wrong :(

TGFKASE Jan 15th 2009 5:49 am

Re: Simple Minds

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7170351)
who is who posts on here who is a huge fan of Simple Minds? I thought it was Confucious but a PM in his direction proved me wrong :(

Simple Minds, Big Country, U2.... Ahhhh, those were the days......

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7170354)
Simple Minds, Big Country, U2.... Ahhhh, those were the days......

someone has donated a double DVD - Simple Minds - Seen the Lights a Visual History to the Helping Hands DVD sale. It looks like special edition to me, is in a nice gold box etc. Was hoping to get it a good home and nice little donation for HH :thumbup:

lionheart Jan 15th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7170357)
someone has donated a double DVD - Simple Minds - Seen the Lights a Visual History to the Helping Hands DVD sale. It looks like special edition to me, is in a nice gold box etc. Was hoping to get it a good home and nice little donation for HH :thumbup:

We are presently loving Ashes to Ashes on Showtime Series Extra, the follow-up to Life On Mars but set in 1981 instead of 1973. Plenty of great music, my particular favourite being Souvenir by OMD...a classic in my humble opinion. No Simple Minds yet.

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 6:40 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7170385)
We are presently loving Ashes to Ashes on Showtime Series Extra, the follow-up to Life On Mars but set in 1981 instead of 1973. Plenty of great music, my particular favourite being Souvenir by OMD...a classic in my humble opinion. No Simple Minds yet.

Ashes to Ashes is class !! :thumbup:

lionheart Jan 15th 2009 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7170449)
Ashes to Ashes is class !! :thumbup:

Only reached Episode 3 but so far so bloody good...that Detective Inspector Gene Hunt is my hero...and Shadya fancies him too.

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 6:51 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7170466)
Only reached Episode 3 but so far so bloody good...that Detective Inspector Gene Hunt is my hero...and Shadya fancies him too.

I absolutely loved that series and Life on Mars, I am watching the Fixer at the minute, same writer as Life on Mars :thumbup:

commander Jan 15th 2009 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7170351)

YES YES YES

apart from Jinm Kerr being one of them that is:D

commander Jan 15th 2009 6:55 am

thought you were going to say they were playing at the Irish village..

Its as good as it gets for Dubai...

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 6:56 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7170474)
YES YES YES

apart from Jinm Kerr being one of them that is:D

I got nearly 5 hours of DVD footage here for you then :thumbup: very nice little presentation box :thumbup: I just knew someone on here were into Simple Minds !

commander Jan 15th 2009 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7170478)
I got nearly 5 hours of DVD footage here for you then :thumbup: very nice little presentation box :thumbup: I just knew someone on here were into Simple Minds !

keep it for me then...when is the next sale?:thumbup:

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 7:02 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7170484)
keep it for me then...when is the next sale?:thumbup:

soon as we have a decent stock I will set a date :thumbup:

commander Jan 15th 2009 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7170493)
soon as we have a decent stock I will set a date :thumbup:

dont you forget about me.....

Blue Cat Jan 15th 2009 7:12 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7170497)
dont you forget about me.....

I got some other stuff for you to, to borrow not for keeps :thumbsup:

Spugsy Jan 15th 2009 7:12 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7170385)

aye that lass on ashes to ashes is ace. :)