Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Simple Healthy Recipes Ideas

Simple Healthy Recipes Ideas

Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:45 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Simple Healthy Recipes Ideas

Ok, I have decided to start eating more healthy and have a few dishes up my sleave, but would also like to hear from any of you who can help me in my fight to get fit.

I have outlined a basic menu for the week:

Typical Day:

Breakfast: Nestle Fitness Cereal with Skimmed Milk

Snack arounD 10:30: Banana

Lunch: Salad no dressing

Afternoon Apple

Dinner: Seared Tuna steak seasoned with Mixed Pepper served with Salad and Balsamic Vinegar.

I think repeating this everyday is going to be a bit boring, so any sensible suggestions are welcome.

I am also cutting out fizzy drinks and sugary juice, so I guess I will be drinking water.

Also I am off the Beer and if I feel the need to drink I will have spirits. But this again will not be as often as in the past.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Simple Healthy Recipes Ideas

Originally Posted by Bison View Post
Ok, I have decided to start eating more healthy and have a few dishes up my sleave, but would also like to hear from any of you who can help me in my fight to get fit.

Typical Day:

Afternoon Apple

Dinner: Seared Tuna steak seasoned with Mixed Pepper served with Salad and Balsamic Vinegar.

I think repeating this everyday is going to be a bit boring, so any sensible suggestions are welcome.

I am also cutting out fizzy drinks and sugary juice, so I guess I will be drinking water.

Also I am off the Beer and if I feel the need to drink I will have spirits. But this again will not be as often as in the past.
A normal person would starve on that diet! Are you only about 3 feet tall?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:23 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

why not just pull your trousers down in some random Mall...sure the Dubai governement would be willing to put you on a special diet after that...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:39 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

why not just pull your trousers down in some random Mall...sure the Dubai governement would be willing to put you on a special diet after that...
I did say sensible suggestions...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Typical Day:

Afternoon Apple

My menu for today......

Breakfast: Alpen no added no sugar with semi skimmed.

Lunch: Yoghurt, banana & alpen cereal bar light

Dinner: 4 no. small Chicken skewers with peppers and onions

I also like omelettes, stir frys, home made soups, salads.

Grill you're foods instead of frying etc.

Try cutting down on the amount of carbs you eat in the evenings. Drink plenty water i.e. min 2 litres a day. I also eat dry fruit for snacks, especially currants although some fruits have high natural sugar contents but good for you all the same (good when you get that munchies feeling in the evenings!!).

Get yourself mixxy up juice (commonly known as cordial!!) instead of just drinking plain water!!.

Good on you though, good to stay healthy!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:49 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

eurgh, salad with no dressing isn't worth eating - you need to keep some enjoyment in your life!

The trick is to make your own as much as possible.
Vinaigrette: 1 measure oil, 1 vinaigre, salt, pepper, herbs/mustard/whatever to vary, whisk it and pour.
Other dressings: olive oil and lemon juice, chilli oil... er... other stuff.

Anyhow, porridge HAS to be the healthiest brekkers around, not least cos it'll fill you up 'til lunchtime. Making it with bigger/jumbo oats is better imo, cos it then actually has some interest, rather than the wallpaper-paste papp everyone thinks about.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Typical Day:

Afternoon Apple

You´ll need more fat in that diet or you´ll add weight...

I´ll advocate a balanced diet, three normal meals and some fruit thrown in as snacks. Water is ok to meals.
Oh, and one day a week you are allowed to eat and drink whatever you fancy.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:05 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Simple Healthy Recipes Ideas

Just take ecstasy whenever you feel peckish rather than eating, apparently it's as safe as riding a horse.

I also advise chain smoking, getting drunk before 10am and regular sex. Seems to work for rockstars?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 11:16 pm
Bob
SUPER MODERATOR

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

don't know about healthy, but there's a pretty good recipe thread in the lounge I think...