Silly season stories

Old Aug 8th 2012, 2:01 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silly season stories

Originally Posted by seven seas
Why why why would you be asking for a paltry 10,000 if you can make it rain 18 million?
At the very least, why wouldn't the victims offer to give the 10,000 out of the 18 million?
Old Aug 9th 2012, 1:58 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow

"There is no law that criminalises homosexuality in Lebanon. But people can be charged under Article 534 of the Lebanese Penal Code, which penalises "sexual intercourse contrary to nature" - specifically sexual intercourse that includes anal penetration - with a maximum of one year in prison."

Only weirdos are obsessed by what consenting adults get up to in private. All the problems in the world and far too many people only focus on other people's sex lives.
But this is how control is achieved. If you can get people worried about what they eat and who the have sex with and how you have already taken the two fundamental elements of existence and put chains around them.

After that you can get them to do anything, from hating others simply for not sharing the same submission to such ideas to killing people who are only different because they don't believe in these ideas.

And yes, you are quite right. Only weirdo's would care about what consenting adults do in private. An Arab friend (who is a closet Atheist for obvious reason) said one group is examining arse's to see who is having anal sex...and another is examining Mars for signs of prior life and water.

N.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 5:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

"There is no law that criminalises homosexuality in Lebanon. But people can be charged under Article 534 of the Lebanese Penal Code, which penalises "sexual intercourse contrary to nature" - specifically sexual intercourse that includes anal penetration - with a maximum of one year in prison."

Only weirdos are obsessed by what consenting adults get up to in private. All the problems in the world and far too many people only focus on other people's sex lives.
Can you go to jail for giving a girl it up the wrong 'un as well then?
Old Aug 9th 2012, 6:00 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Can you go to jail for giving a girl it up the wrong 'un as well then?
Yup, but better than someone losing their 'Virginity' or Getting pregnant.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 6:44 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Not anymore there isn't. My Chinese neighbours dealt with it all. I'm sure the feet soup was delicious.

Attachment 108068
That reminds me of this old chestnut:

Q. What do you call an Irishman who stays out all night?
A. Patty O' Furniture (you have to say it out loud with an American accent)

I threw that in because I am too polite and embarrassed for you to mention your mismatching patio furniture.
Old Aug 9th 2012, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Here is a great silly season story:

'Outraged Lebanese demand end to anal exams on gay men'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19166156
Nothing silly about that story - it is disgraceful, being, as one of the quoted activists says, legally sanctioned rape. As it is Lebanon, no doubt there is a sectarian dimension - I'm guessing Sunni police and prosecutors pursuing Shia (implied by "one of the poor districts of Beirut"). Generally Beirut has one of the most open gay scenes in the region (relatively speaking of course) with several known gay venues unlike Dubai where they are "underground" (though hardly secret). As long as they are largely frequented by Christians and rich Muslims and foreigners then there is not much interference despite the law (I guess pretty much like Dubai).

As horrible as this is, it can't help putting me in mind of this truly silly season story (from last year):

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_31238.shtml

I can't imagine living to ever again read the quote:
"‘Let them measure my anus and see if it is dilated’, said the priest".
The only surprise is that the priest is not Irish.....
Old Aug 10th 2012, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
That reminds me of this old chestnut:

Q. What do you call an Irishman who stays out all night?
A. Patty O' Furniture (you have to say it out loud with an American accent)

I threw that in because I am too polite and embarrassed for you to mention your mismatching patio furniture.
Good spot. In my defense, half is mine, half is the landlords
Old Aug 10th 2012, 2:13 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I am am too polite to mention that wanting everything matching is so very lower middle class...

Last edited by Meow; Aug 10th 2012 at 2:16 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2012, 4:47 pm

I am am too polite to mention that wanting everything matching is so very lower middle class...
Like pretending to never shop in discount supermarkets....
Old Aug 11th 2012, 12:14 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing silly about that story - it is disgraceful, being, as one of the quoted activists says, legally sanctioned rape. As it is Lebanon, no doubt there is a sectarian dimension - I'm guessing Sunni police and prosecutors pursuing Shia (implied by "one of the poor districts of Beirut"). Generally Beirut has one of the most open gay scenes in the region (relatively speaking of course) with several known gay venues unlike Dubai where they are "underground" (though hardly secret). As long as they are largely frequented by Christians and rich Muslims and foreigners then there is not much interference despite the law (I guess pretty much like Dubai).

As horrible as this is, it can't help putting me in mind of this truly silly season story (from last year):

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_31238.shtml

I can't imagine living to ever again read the quote:
"‘Let them measure my anus and see if it is dilated’, said the priest".
The only surprise is that the priest is not Irish.....
Actually Israel has the most open gay scenes in the region...the Tel Aviv Gay Pride Festival attests to that. You can't be put in jail for having sex outside of marriage there either - gay or otherwise.

N.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
But this is how control is achieved. If you can get people worried about what they eat and who the have sex with and how you have already taken the two fundamental elements of existence and put chains around them.

After that you can get them to do anything, from hating others simply for not sharing the same submission to such ideas to killing people who are only different because they don't believe in these ideas.

And yes, you are quite right. Only weirdo's would care about what consenting adults do in private. An Arab friend (who is a closet Atheist for obvious reason) said one group is examining arse's to see who is having anal sex...and another is examining Mars for signs of prior life and water.

N.

Apart from the redundant apostrophes.

Last edited by seven seas; Aug 11th 2012 at 7:42 am. Reason: Obviously it felt weird agreeing wholeheartedly with Norm
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Like pretending to never shop in discount supermarkets....
No pretense. I stand by my earlier comments about my experiences of Lidl and Aldi. Besides they had no branches near where I lived in the UK.

I bet you use the word 'lounge' to mean living room too. *shudders*
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

No pretense. I stand by my earlier comments about my experiences of Lidl and Aldi. Besides they had no branches near where I lived in the UK.

I bet you use the word 'lounge' to mean living room too. *shudders*
Its a sitting room?? All rooms are for `living' in. Well except morgues.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 1:56 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Its a sitting room?? All rooms are for `living' in. Well except morgues.
Living room or sitting room are both acceptable. Lounge isn't and is in the same box as serviette or settee. Drawing room is also trying too hard and outmoded.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

And Loo or lavatory not toilet (though lavatory can be a bit try too hard like drawing room)

Aren't we all middle class twits? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.