Sign o' the times

Old Aug 5th 2009, 3:47 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sign o' the times

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/56381...o-be-cut-by-25

Things must be tough when they are worried about a mere $2.5 million.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sign o' the times

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/56381...o-be-cut-by-25

Things must be tough when they are worried about a mere $2.5 million.
I think it is more a case of it is felt that 10 mill is an obscene amount of money to be throwing round, but saying that so is 7.5 mill. The World Cup will be cut next - if they ever finish Meydan that is. There is will no winter racing challenge from Nov to Jan with the racing season starting in January. Rumour has it some races will be held at Jeb but we will have to see.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently the Rugby Sevens might be off this year as well because there's a dispute over costs.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
Apparently the Rugby Sevens might be off this year as well because there's a dispute over costs.
now that will cause one hell of an uproar!!
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

true. where will all the Safas go to get pissed?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:04 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
true. where will all the Safas go to get pissed?
Barasti?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
now that will cause one hell of an uproar!!
I know - I was chatting with some colleagues the other day who play in the Sevens, they're currently doing circuit training in preparation, but they said it might be for nothing. Saying that Emirates has already got the website going for this year's sevens, but apparently it might not happen as the venue hasn't been secured due to increased costs.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:06 am
Concierge

I know - I was chatting with some colleagues the other day who play in the Sevens, they're currently doing circuit training in preparation, but they said it might be for nothing. Saying that Emirates has already got the website going for this year's sevens, but apparently it might not happen as the venue hasn't been secured due to increased costs.
but haven't they already got the venue? The Dean will know
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:09 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

I can not see that happening - the 7's has got to be a net revenue generator for Dubai Inc. when you consider the hotel bookings and tourism spend over that weekend.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:13 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
I can not see that happening - the 7's has got to be a net revenue generator for Dubai Inc. when you consider the hotel bookings and tourism spend over that weekend.
yes but alot of people come in from overseas and they may not have the cash to travel to Dubai and be ripped off in our luxury hotels just to get pissed in the desert?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dubaidog
All I can tell you is what I heard from friends who have played in the Sevens for quite a few years and are supposed to be playing again this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be sorted out. Not that I really care, the thought of spending the day in the hot sun watching rugby with wankered Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas doesn't really fill me with excitement
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:26 am
Concierge

All I can tell you is what I heard from friends who have played in the Sevens for quite a few years and are supposed to be playing again this year. Hopefully I'm wrong and it will be sorted out. Not that I really care, the thought of spending the day in the hot sun watching rugby with wankered Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas doesn't really fill me with excitement
same here EE
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

I actually know quite a bit about this and have been involved in some of the talks. There is a problem but the 7s will go ahead as it is the main money driver for rugby in the region and the white elephant in the desert has to be paid for somehow.

Thats my knowlege anyhow

if anyone wants to know more please PM me

Mike
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:28 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

I'd put money on it still happening - I am sure there are behind the scenes wrangling over costs for the ground, services, lack of sponsors etc. but I believe it will go ahead - even if in a slimmed down form.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I really care, the thought of spending the day in the hot sun watching rugby with wankered Aussies, Kiwis and Saffas doesn't really fill me with excitement
my sentiments exactly...avoid barasti's at all costs!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.