Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sidelined by Blue Cat??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidelined by Blue Cat??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Sidelined by Blue Cat??!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some time I have not been able to reply to Blue Cat's posts or even send her a PM!! Doesn't seem to happen with others! (Always get Network Error)

What did I do!!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sidelined by Blue Cat??!!!!!!!!!!!!

I seem to get Network Errors roughly 75% of the time I try replying these days to any posts on here. Most frustrating. You just have to persevere. I don't think it's a Blue Cat only phenomenon.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
I seem to get Network Errors roughly 75% of the time I try replying these days to any posts on here. Most frustrating. You just have to persevere. I don't think it's a Blue Cat only phenomenon.
I agree it has been poor and have tried from 2-3 computers!
Was just trying to attract her attention to the fact she had posted a few things but I hadn't been able to reply directly!

Never mind..............hey it's the weekend!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

did you guys try the changing the proxy...it's been posted on here already about this issue, it always sorts out the problem for me...

MM, xx
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
did you guys try the changing the proxy...it's been posted on here already about this issue, it always sorts out the problem for me...

MM, xx
Yes, and no different, on one of my machines at home. Will have another go over the weekend!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Someone posted a suggestion recently to manually add a "&" symbol followed by a few random letters (eg "&jadkfha") at the end of the url - seems to work every time to cure the error message. No idea why...!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:37 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by archie159
Someone posted a suggestion recently to manually add a "&" symbol followed by a few random letters (eg "&jadkfha") at the end of the url - seems to work every time to cure the error message. No idea why...!
Where do I find the url, whatever that means?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lionheart
Where do I find the url, whatever that means?
The address bar at the top. Eg:

change this
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...47#post9232347

to read:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t9232347&aojef

No idea why, but seems to work every time.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 1:44 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
For some time I have not been able to reply to Blue Cat's posts or even send her a PM!! Doesn't seem to happen with others! (Always get Network Error)

What did I do!!
I haven't blocked you or anything
Old Mar 12th 2011, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I haven't blocked you or anything
Sure, I was just trying to highlight how badly the board seems to have been behaving recently!!