British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Showtime (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/showtime-601755/)

Jeeper Apr 4th 2009 12:09 pm

Showtime

Criminal minds, cold case, bones, CSI etc etc etc

Isn't this just scooby doo for grown ups?

Comedy - Everytime I check this it's either The nanny, fresh prince, friends or seinfeld....and same episodes from last month.

Sports - almost always football.

It's f'n rubbish!

The Dean Apr 4th 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Showtime

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7451005)

Comedy - Everytime I check this it's either The nanny, fresh prince, friends or seinfeld....and same episodes from last month.

It's f'n rubbish!

Wacky Races was on last night..............

Classic - utterly brilliant................

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Apr 4th 2009 12:39 pm

You're right, it is mainly rubbish. If it wasn't for John Stewart, The Thirsty Traveller, Ching's Kitchen and The Simpsons I probably wouldn't bother...

Madam Medusa Apr 4th 2009 12:47 pm

It's f'n rubbish!

tis why downloading is the only way to go...

MM, xx

Blue Cat Apr 4th 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7451064)

MM, xx

the only stuff I watch is Coronations Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders and BBC Prime if I haven't got anything on download. It's good for the kids channels though.

Foxes Apr 4th 2009 5:56 pm

the premiership coverage is nothing but excellent though !

Sky Blue Apr 4th 2009 6:49 pm

They got the Ashes and Lions tours, so that is worth subscription just for that...

Heroes and Lost the only half decent programmes...

Spugsy Apr 4th 2009 7:11 pm

It's f'n rubbish!

the football and family guy, thats about it, apart from the odd film out of about 30 or so, and sometimes MTV chill in the morning as I'm getting ready for work.

Sandboy Apr 5th 2009 2:26 am

didn't realise they had the Ashes, excellent news :thumbup:

any craic on football next season ?

premier and below ? :thumbdown:

Kim67 Apr 5th 2009 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7451064)

MM, xx

I agree....that's why we don't even have television connected.

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 3:29 am

It's f'n rubbish!

does anyone else receive Showtime through Du ?

I receive mine through Du, and the on screen interaction is pretty crap, the remote control basically just changes channels

Was at a friends house in Arabian Ranches yesterday and they have the same package but have a Sky Plus type TV guide on screen, which looks much more up-to-date than mine....

When I called Du to up grade mine, they said the version i have is all that is available in the Marina ??

Anyone else in the Marina have the same version as I have or the more up-to-date version ?

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 3:38 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7452419)
does anyone else receive Showtime through Du ?

I receive mine through Du, and the on screen interaction is pretty crap, the remote control basically just changes channels

Was at a friends house in Arabian Ranches yesterday and they have the same package but have a Sky Plus type TV guide on screen, which looks much more up-to-date than mine....

When I called Du to up grade mine, they said the version i have is all that is available in the Marina ??

Anyone else in the Marina have the same version as I have or the more up-to-date version ?

Showtime via Du in the Marina use IP-TV to transmit the TV signal and supply a Motorola VIP 1510 STB (Set Top Box).

The problem is, the video Output of this box is the basic RCA or Composite output (Yellow, Red, White) and this is quite a poor signal for a Plasma /LCD TV.

Does anyone else have an IP-TV Set Top Box with higher quality Video output (like Component - Ycr, etc or HDMI)...

I have researched on Motorlas site and apparently they do manufacture better STB. One of them is the VIP 1550 (with Component output).

- Does Du Supply better STB for IPTV ?
- If not, are there IPTV STB available to buy in Dubai, with higher quality video output?

The Dean Apr 5th 2009 3:42 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7452438)
Showtime via Du in the Marina use IP-TV to transmit the TV signal and supply a Motorola VIP 1510 STB (Set Top Box).

The problem is, the video Output of this box is the basic RCA or Composite output (Yellow, Red, White) and this is quite a poor signal for a Plasma /LCD TV.

Does anyone else have an IP-TV Set Top Box with higher quality Video output (like Component - Ycr, etc or HDMI)...

I have researched on Motorlas site and apparently they do manufacture better STB. One of them is the VIP 1550 (with Component output).

- If not, are there IPTV STB available to buy in Dubai, with higher quality video output?

You're replying to your own post, with a post that requires a Masters in Quantum Physics to understand??

And you support West Ham??

Love it.............

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 3:49 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7452444)
You're replying to your own post, with a post that requires a Masters in Quantum Physics to understand??

And you support West Ham??

Love it.............

even more unbelievable is that with Liverpool's win yesterday, we mathematically cannot win the EPL this season.....am gutted....

Spugsy Apr 5th 2009 5:24 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7452438)

I have teh sky+ type box thing mate, you can pause, record etc etc on it,

its not HD though, it is pretty good mind you.