British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Shooting (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/shooting-720858/)

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2011 6:02 am

Shooting

Morning,

I want to do some clay pigeon shooting, I've heard there are places but am looking for some that people have been to / can suggest are worth visiting.

Thanks,
Scamp

jackthehat Jun 14th 2011 6:07 am

Re: Shooting

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9431251)
Morning,

I want to do some clay pigeon shooting, I've heard there are places but am looking for some that people have been to / can suggest are worth visiting.

Thanks,
Scamp

There are Shooting Clubs in Jebel Ali and RAK

NorthernLad Jun 14th 2011 7:58 am

Morning,

Thanks,
Scamp

I've been to Jebel Ali shooting club, they have a nice setup. Clay pigeon outside, shooting range for handguns inside.

I heard Sharjah Shooting Club has a better range of weapons.

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 9431379)
I've been to Jebel Ali shooting club, they have a nice setup. Clay pigeon outside, shooting range for handguns inside.

Thanks, I'll investigate this.

irich Jun 14th 2011 10:54 am

Anywhere in Riyadh? I've shot a few clays before, good fun.

Autonomy Jun 14th 2011 11:11 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 9431379)

I went 9mm pistol shooting at Sharjah - good fun. Quite a decent set up...

scrubbedexpat141 Jun 14th 2011 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9431671)
I went 9mm pistol shooting at Sharjah - good fun. Quite a decent set up...

Was it cheap / expensive?

Autonomy Jun 14th 2011 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9431693)
Was it cheap / expensive?

To be honest I can't remember - that probably indicates it was not too pricy.

http://www.golfandshootingshj.com/shooting.php

Autonomy Jun 14th 2011 11:40 am

The RAK one - was it not rumoured you can hire AK47s, bazookas, what ever you want and if it takes your fancy even have a live cow brought out for your shooting target....?

(not that I agree with the cow part)

flares Jun 14th 2011 11:54 am

Couple of Saudis I know recently hopped over to Berkshire (in their mates Lear Jet) to shoot.

Funny seeing pics of them in their wellies and Barbours holding their pheasants.

jackthehat Jun 14th 2011 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 9431723)
The RAK one - was it not rumoured you can hire AK47s, bazookas, what ever you want and if it takes your fancy even have a live cow brought out for your shooting target....?

(not that I agree with the cow part)

Not been to the RAK one myself, as I have always regarded RAK as 'Bandit Country!' - Especially when the 7 Ft tall 'Monobrowed Local' just appears from nowhere in the middle of the desert! - And that's just the women!

Still, RAK is nowhere near as bad as Iraq! I had a Street Cat there as a 'Rat-Catcher' in our accommodation. One Friday Morning, the Police decided to use him as 'AK47 Target Practice' in the back garden! - A week later they were all sat on their arses, complaining about the Rats!

I have been to the one in Jebel Ali, which is not bad! - Also worked on that building too (Oh! - What a long time ago that was!)

littlejimmy Jun 14th 2011 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9431744)
Couple of Saudis I know recently hopped over to Berkshire (in their mates Lear Jet) to shoot.

Funny seeing pics of them in their wellies and Barbours holding their pheasants.

Oh....pHeasants!

flares Jun 14th 2011 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 9431853)
Oh....pHeasants!

they're pheasant pluckers those Saudis

rowell Jun 14th 2011 4:53 pm

Morning,

Thanks,
Scamp

Jebel Ali got some good summer deals on at the minute

DustyBits Jun 15th 2011 7:31 am

Sharjah is good and not too pricey (cant remember exactly how much).
But wherever you go, phone first to check they have ammo!! No kidding, about 6 months ago Jebel Ali only had clays available as their 9mm shipment had been stopped and they ran out.

DB