The Shelter

Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:29 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice
Default The Shelter

Hi all

Know The Shelter has closed in Al Quoz and there were plans to move to Media City but does anyone know when, where etc? Have tried to call them and nothing...

Have my own office but loved working from there every now and then was a great space.

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Shelter

That's interesting...
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:48 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Cow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really niceCow Pie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Meow
That's interesting...
Interesting no, a shame yes... Always reminded me of a scruffier version of Westbourne Studios...

http://www.westbournestudios.com/
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:55 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Originally Posted by Cow Pie
Interesting no, a shame yes... Always reminded me of a scruffier version of Westbourne Studios...

http://www.westbournestudios.com/
Sorry Meow that sounded facetious - not my intention
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Meow that sounded facetious - not my intention
S'okay I thought it was interesting considering who was running it and their backers. There is nothing on their website about the situation. You have to go to their blog for any mention of a change of location.

It suggests there will be a new venue, but why would they shut the Al Quoz building down without having anywhere else operational??
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:07 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

S'okay I thought it was interesting considering who was running it and their backers. There is nothing on their website about the situation. You have to go to their blog for any mention of a change of location.

It suggests there will be a new venue, but why would they shut the Al Quoz building down without having anywhere else operational??
Backward thinking of course - a particular nuance here... A great shame I think - definitely a gap in the market too. Hmm....
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Bongoman is an unknown quantity at this point

This should answer all of your questions.

New venue to open July 30 still in Al Quoz and free..

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-cultu...-neighbourhood

btw I wouldnt call those brothers backward thinkers at all.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:12 am
Bored liberal

Backward thinking of course - a particular nuance here... A great shame I think - definitely a gap in the market too. Hmm....
Ah yes, silly me. I should really know better than to expect logic
Old Jul 6th 2011, 7:16 am
Waiting for my epiphany.

Ah yes, silly me. I should really know better than to expect logic
Indeed shame on you Meow! Not many Vulcans living in the UAE for that very reason...
Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:39 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

According to my sources, the Media City Shelter is meant to be built here, on the corner of the road from DIC/MC to SZR.

Link