Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid city

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid city

Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid city

Originally Posted by Millhouse
PPP, brilliant
Will be interesting to see who could be foolish enough to fall for it.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
A park bigger than Hyde Park? The carbon footprint just got a lot bigger.
Unless they are going to utilize desert fauna and flora and keep grass to a minimum, they are going to need lots and lots of water.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Apparently the development has been planned in what has been termed 'Houses.'

House of Nature
House of Commerce
House of Humanity
House of Wisdom

What is the 'Signature Name' for the entire development? - House of Cards?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

What about the fact that Meydan and Nad al Sheba are all in the way?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:30 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is so true, I always look and see what bags people are carrying, the majority are carrying carrefour bags in MOE, not many sporting designer shopping bags. Wafi is the worst, I think everyone goes down there to look around but not buy.
Wafi is an odd one, most of the business the shops do isn't done in the mall but at viewings in private homes or smaller but ridiculously expensive purchases.

A few years ago I was dutifully filling in some random (my arse) draw voucher things when a local rocks up with a tiny bag and hands over the receipt, the wee guy behind the desk doesn't bat an eyelid but proceeds to hand the guy several complete books of vouchers. Given that it was 500aed spend per voucher I worked out that whatever was in the bag had to have cost close to a million dirhams for him to have got so many vouchers. I asked the guy at the desk about this and he says it happens all the time "its a local mall sir"
Haven't bothered filling in any vouchers since.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Wafi is an odd one, most of the business the shops do isn't done in the mall but at viewings in private homes or smaller but ridiculously expensive purchases.

A few years ago I was dutifully filling in some random (my arse) draw voucher things when a local rocks up with a tiny bag and hands over the receipt, the wee guy behind the desk doesn't bat an eyelid but proceeds to hand the guy several complete books of vouchers. Given that it was 500aed spend per voucher I worked out that whatever was in the bag had to have cost close to a million dirhams for him to have got so many vouchers. I asked the guy at the desk about this and he says it happens all the time "its a local mall sir"
it has always been well known for it's high end brands, it wasn't until MnS opened that some of the lower end brands made an appearance. Wafi has always been more of a social mall for locals but the smoking ban affected it seriously. I still like the occasional trip out to Wafi will be going to see Santa and the tree like we do every year.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:42 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

gotta love consumerism!
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it has always been well known for it's high end brands, it wasn't until MnS opened that some of the lower end brands made an appearance. Wafi has always been more of a social mall for locals but the smoking ban affected it seriously. I still like the occasional trip out to Wafi will be going to see Santa and the tree like we do every year.
Never been made to feel really poor in this country until I walked around Burjuman Mall.

****ing depressing.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:12 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Never been made to feel really poor in this country until I walked around Burjuman Mall.

****ing depressing.
Had lunch at the Dhow & Anchor in the Jumeirah Beach Hotel yesterday, then went for a wander round the Marina. That'll do it, too.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva

What was the draw for; if the local spent close to a million dirhams, it had to be something worth more than a million?
Did you have to pay for the voucher?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Apparently the development has been planned in what has been termed 'Houses.'

House of Nature
House of Commerce
House of Humanity
House of Wisdom

What is the 'Signature Name' for the entire development? - House of Cards?
I want to
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:52 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I want to
Maybe some one misspelt House of Hypocrisy?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Maybe some one misspelt House of Hypocrisy?
It's the House of Wisdom I'm looking forward to.............
Old Nov 25th 2012, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
It's the House of Wisdom I'm looking forward to.............
Probably be empty.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Nasser Saeedi is a highly respected economist and commentator, but did he really say this will be the equivalent of Las Vegas???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.