Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

She wants to keep quiet if you ask me

She wants to keep quiet if you ask me

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: She wants to keep quiet if you ask me

Originally Posted by Meow
As I said earlier it is an awful case with no winners.

Regarding point 1 though - the fact is that sex outside marriage in illegal in the UAE. Whatever we may think of that, she broke the law so is being punished.
Point 2 - sadly, many men are denied access to their children. It isn't right, but happens all to often with children used as pawns.

I suspect there is more to it all than meets the eye. I wouldn't wish what is happening on anyone, but no one, even Marnie Pierce, is utterly blameless in this situation.
and that is what she was charged with NOT having an affair.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi
1) I thought that was never proven. Even if she did, so what?
2) Men in the UK are not jailed nor denied access to their kids for having an affair
3) She needed money for her campaign to get them back.

I am just sickened by the comments on here. There is no sense of sisterhood these days; it's as if the Feminist Movement never happened...
i agree totally (apart from the feminist movement stuff which i don't give a monkeys about)...i would do anything to keep my kids if it were me...

MM, xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

With all due respect she knew what she was getting herself into long before she married him, a) he is an arab male b) he is muslim c) he was abusing her even then, now in my mind if you want to marry someone like that, for whatever reason do you not make sure that you are protected on all counts ? I think it would take a pretty stupid woman not to do that.

As for selling her story well, sometimes needs must, I feel for those young boys the most however my pity for her is somewhat limited as my mum always said "you made your bed now lay in it"
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i agree totally (apart from the feminist movement stuff which i don't give a monkeys about)...i would do anything to keep my kids if it were me...

MM, xx
but would you put them through being videod and then sell the story?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:26 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
yeah, but would you try and organise another BE night ?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by banter64
With all due respect she knew what she was getting herself into long before she married him, a) he is an arab male b) he is muslim c) he was abusing her even then, now in my mind if you want to marry someone like that, for whatever reason do you not make sure that you are protected on all counts ? I think it would take a pretty stupid woman not to do that.

As for selling her story well, sometimes needs must, I feel for those young boys the most however my pity for her is somewhat limited as my mum always said "you made your bed now lay in it"
I hope you arent suggesting all Muslims are wank**s, its like saying all blondes are dumb shits who talk crap....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deemi786
I hope you arent suggesting all Muslims are wank**s, its like saying all blondes are dumb shits who talk crap....
not a good comparison i think...

but i agree with that... just because he's arab and muslim doesn't mean he can be anymore of a ........ than anyone else.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:32 pm
Concierge

she isn't saying that at all
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by BangleMan
how you get that out of what banter64 wrote is beyond me.....?

Do Muslims wank anyway ?
from the bit that said

"a) he is an arab male b) he is muslim "

and get arsey.....

Its a valid point....i thought she was taking the piss....if she wasnt then fair enough.

Last edited by deemi786; Apr 22nd 2009 at 12:40 pm. Reason: amend
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:42 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

from the bit that said

and get arsey.....

Its a valid point....i thought she was taking the piss....if she wasnt then fair enough.
I read that and assumed she meant that as he was arab, in a muslim country, then in the event of a break up etc, the laws of his country would be more liable to protect him than her, as a foreign national.....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:43 pm
Hammer for Life

from the bit that said

and get arsey.....

who was getting arsey ?....It was a valid question. I have never been around one when they are doing that so wouldnt know, so do tell me
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

who was getting arsey ?....It was a valid question. I have never been around one when they are doing that so wouldnt know, so do tell me
you sound like MataHari....
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

I read that and assumed she meant that as he was arab, in a muslim country, then in the event of a break up etc, the laws of his country would be more liable to protect him than her, as a foreign national.....
Correct xx
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

you sound like MataHari....
not really...cause I have been round Muslim wankers
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cham128
not a good comparison i think...

but i agree with that... just because he's arab and muslim doesn't mean he can be anymore of a ........ than anyone else.
Agree but when you are British as she was and you become entwined with another nationality that has different judicial systems and customs you should be prepared. maybe I didnt put the point across in the way that I meant it and if I offended anyone then I am sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.