Shape up for 2012

Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:11 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shape up for 2012

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've heard the old "inch pinch" before. It was like the acceptable maximum for me as a kid.
An inch is 25cm, right?
Old Jan 9th 2012, 3:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
An inch is 25cm, right?
at least.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

my 1 minute 25 seconds feels somewhat crap!

Old Jan 11th 2012, 2:28 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

fitness Goals: Sub 10h Ironman, qualify for the world IM chamionships in Kona, Hawaii.
Keep improving and training smarter.

Get a PB at RAK for a half marathon next month

Keep on enjoying the hours of training that allows me to eat what the hell I chose..but the lifestyle associated with my sport means that I eat healthily anyway.

Hopefully never get bored of beating the Dubai 'all the gear no idea' crew that apppear at every bike swim, ride, run or triathlon. That turn up and look down on you because they paid 10,000GBP for a bike from Wolfi's and mine is a cheapo

Remain injury free and continue to support the MS therapy centre through fundraising.

Those are the goals..I'm working on making them a reality.

Pain is weakness leaving the body etc etc yada yada blah
Old Jan 11th 2012, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Hopefully never get bored of beating the Dubai 'all the gear no idea' crew that apppear at every bike swim, ride, run or triathlon. That turn up and look down on you because they paid 10,000GBP for a bike from Wolfi's and mine is a cheapo
Bitchy fitness cliques. Love it!

Stick it to 'em Commander!

btw I paid only 1000 GBP for a bike from Wolfi's and I can see how the place is like a place of worship for some...and I can see how Wolfi is probably a very rich man!!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 5:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Bitchy fitness cliques. Love it!

Stick it to 'em Commander!

btw I paid only 1000 GBP for a bike from Wolfi's and I can see how the place is like a place of worship for some...and I can see how Wolfi is probably a very rich man!!
To be fair, its a great store and the staff in Wolfi are top blokes. Yea, he won't be short of a dirham.

Anyway its about the horse, not the chariot!!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Long term goal is a 100 miler in August in UK. Comrades or Two Ocean as well.

First sub 4hr marathon and sub 8 and a half Wadi Bih short term ones. Just had a pulled Hammy and not do enough long stuff but hay ho.

The gear freaks are what put me off Tri's. That and I'm a shit swimmer.

Good Luck for Kona. Long term goal for me next year is a Boston time.

Jacko
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:42 am
banned

Originally Posted by spartans53
Long term goal is a 100 miler in August in UK. Comrades or Two Ocean as well.

First sub 4hr marathon and sub 8 and a half Wadi Bih short term ones. Just had a pulled Hammy and not do enough long stuff but hay ho.

The gear freaks are what put me off Tri's. That and I'm a shit swimmer.

Good Luck for Kona. Long term goal for me next year is a Boston time.

Jacko
Cheers, good luck with the timings..Comrades or Two oceans are massive. I was in Cape Town when the 2 oceans was on last year, really wanted to take part.it was a week after I'd done Ironman South Africa so I didn't want to knacker my knees.

The triathlon scene is great here and I am a gear freak as all triathlete's are, I just don't look down on anyone elses gear!!

Its running that I need to improve on, so far so good this season, I'm running my fastest 5, 8 and 10K times ever and got a PB at AD half marathon by over 2mins on last years RAK time. Goal is a 3h30 Ironman marathon which on paper is doable but starting 6hrs into a race, the wheels fall off quickly.

What is the qual time for Boston?
Old Jan 12th 2012, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

3.20 at my age over 40

Issue is you need to be Under 3hrs now to get in on first wave min 3.10
Old Jan 12th 2012, 2:35 pm
banned

Originally Posted by spartans53
3.20 at my age over 40

Issue is you need to be Under 3hrs now to get in on first wave min 3.10
Shit...that is tough..I done a 1h25 half and there was no way on earth I could have kept that up for another 21K...the last 3K I was in auto-Pilot.

That's the great thing about endurance sports. You never quite know what your body and mind are capable of.

I wish you all the very best. No doubt we have raced together at some point!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Try to cut down on Procrastination.

Could someone please please develop an anti Procrastination pill!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 12:30 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Try to cut down on Procrastination.

Could someone please please develop an anti Procrastination pill!
I already have. I was going to apply for the patent last year, but I've kept putting it off...
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Train Yas tonight....betty swollocks
Old Jun 12th 2012, 12:11 pm
banned

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Train Yas tonight....betty swollocks
I was meant to be meeting my pals at Yas lynx for a 3.8K sea swim then 2hours bike/run at the track..but I'm cooped up in bed..grrrr racing in 3 weeks and I need the swim sessions.

This will sound like b/s but I went out last night to watch the game and had 3 pints..I also ate loads of bar nuts...usually a huge no no...and yup I woke up at 2am to be projectiling from both ends...