Shape up for 2012

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Shape up for 2012

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Wow seems Paelo is all over the ME

Ive also added fasting and carb cycling (Basically fast x days for 24 hours, y for 16/17 hours as per leangains, z eat 3 paelo meals (high, med, or low carbs)). The x,y,z values are random picked from a deck of cards (diamonds, spades or hearts) as this keeps me and my body guessing tomorrows routine as I want to drop down to single digit % body fat.

Still no goal to mention the 40-60 cig habit yet (although i did try the champix course briefly) !

(For those who can be bothered to count calories and carbs precisely this is a good breakdown site: http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ )
That website is quite interesting, never heard of fasting being used as a proper dieting method.

Whilst playing on it, I found out that my ideal weight would be 12.2 stone according the ever ridiculous BMI....that's 5 stone lighter than I am. I'd look like an idiot, I'm not slim or

Does anyone actually match their BMI ideal weight perfectly on here?
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
That website is quite interesting, never heard of fasting being used as a proper dieting method.

Whilst playing on it, I found out that my ideal weight would be 12.2 stone according the ever ridiculous BMI....that's 5 stone lighter than I am. I'd look like an idiot, I'm not slim or

Yes
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Yes
Bugger.

I'll just carry on with the excuse that most professional rugby players are classed as obese.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger.

I'll just carry on with the excuse that most professional rugby players are classed as obese.
I just keep fit mate , i play squash , run and play football and watch my diet . It's not that difficult when you apply yourself really . I'm off to Thailand for 10 days on Saturday but i'll train everyday , whether it's compound exercises in the room or a run in the gym or a game of golf. If i didn't i'd put the weight on quickly.

It's harder to get off as you get older but the basics remain the same , you must eat clean and eat right and keep active.

There's an awful lot of excuses for why people are not the correct weight but they're always just kidding themselves.

Everyone can do it it's usually just the right motivation to get going
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I just keep fit mate , i play squash , run and play football and watch my diet . It's not that difficult when you apply yourself really . I'm off to Thailand for 10 days on Saturday but i'll train everyday , whether it's compound exercises in the room or a run in the gym or a game of golf. If i didn't i'd put the weight on quickly.

It's harder to get off as you get older but the basics remain the same , you must eat clean and eat right and keep active.

There's an awful lot of excuses for why people are not the correct weight but they're always just kidding themselves.

Everyone can do it it's usually just the right motivation to get going
Agree completely.

I've put on the tub because I stopped playing sport. I used to play Rugby, Football, Basketball and believe it or not; American Football. All used to keep me relatively trim.

Now I do nothing apart from the odd run.

But you're right - I'm not that fussed about changing it dramatically today or tomorrow. When I am, I will.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Running Wadi Bih in Feb, warming up with the Marathon in Dubai.

Scamp who did you play American Football for? I played for the Manchester Spartans?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartans53
Running Wadi Bih in Feb, warming up with the Marathon in Dubai.

Scamp who did you play American Football for? I played for the Manchester Spartans?
I played youth (u.19) for two seasons with Bristol Aztecs and one of the varsity games for England against Scotland. Absolutely loved it all, brilliant fun.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Was Mark Hopkins around when you played. I played with him for GB Spartans in 92 and 93.

He ended up Head Coach and I think both his lads played.

Cheers
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spartans53
Was Mark Hopkins around when you played. I played with him for GB Spartans in 92 and 93.

He ended up Head Coach and I think both his lads played.

Cheers
Doesn't ring any bells. We never played a Manchester team...was always a couple in London, Essex, Farnham, Norwich etc. (reading that and trying to remember I think the youth league was split North / South but don't remember much of the Northern section...)
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Your BF% using calipers and your waist size are better measures of what's healthy. BMI is meant for the average person with little muscle mass.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Your BF% using calipers and your waist size are better measures of what's healthy. BMI is meant for the average person with little muscle mass.
You're right BF% with calipers is always best. Those scales / handheld electronic devices that calculate it are so innacurate it seems.

ALso agree on the measurements...
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember a (very) long time ago that if you could pinch more than inch you needed to go on a diet (i'll assume the pinch was around the waist)
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:52 am
Account Closed

I seem to remember a (very) long time ago that if you could pinch more than inch you needed to go on a diet (i'll assume the pinch was around the waist)
I've heard the old "inch pinch" before. It was like the acceptable maximum for me as a kid.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Cycled Yas last night...wicked
Old Jan 8th 2012, 6:00 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Lost 10 kg (thought might have put some back on over Chrismtas) want to lose another 5 before end of March
Well done you. My ankle and knee is almost fixed so I can get back to footy soon (entering an over 35s l;eague, gah, I'm old!) so that'll help a lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.