Shanghai & Suzhou

Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai & Suzhou

Originally Posted by Millhouse
are you going to break her fingers?
Actually I'm flying blind here, coz I can't access YouTube right now. Assumed she's a doll...
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been before?

I know lots of nice places but I cant remeber the name of them- will dig out my old receipts and come back to you.

The ones I can remember are; there is a nice bar in the Shangria La hotel think its the top floor. http://www.shangri-la.com/en/propert...nt/jadeon36bar

I went to loads of little bars in shanghai but cant remember the name of them as had a friend show me round, ill double check with him as they were awayy from the run of the mill type bars. But tehre are loads and loads of fab placesin Shanghai.

In Suzhou- I stay at the Crown Plaza- beautiful hotel and views over the lake.

There is a lovely spa in suzhou on the lake- Li Gong Ti- its within a resort and is fab- little huts over the lake- very nice. Also has a nice Thai restaurant.

Their is also a nice indian called Ganesh http://www.moresuzhou.com/venue/rest...2790-open.html

The Humble Administrators Garden is well worth a look- I went in the winter so it wasnt in bloom but was told it is really stunning when the cherry blossoms are out. it takes a few hours to walk around.

There is also a dance and acrobatics show which is on daily- quite nice to go to if you are there for several evenings. http://www.moresuzhou.com/venue/art/...ents-1261.html

Ill be back with more xxx
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:57 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
It did cross my mind, but I wouldn't have thought the Chinese immigrants would have had the clout to name towns, or the standing to have inspired those responsible for the naming.
Probably made a lot of money during the gold rush and perhaps later form restaurant chains.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:57 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Have you been before?

I know lots of nice places but I cant remeber the name of them- will dig out my old receipts and come back to you.

The ones I can remember are; there is a nice bar in the Shangria La hotel think its the top floor. http://www.shangri-la.com/en/propert...nt/jadeon36bar

I went to loads of little bars in shanghai but cant remember the name of them as had a friend show me round, ill double check with him as they were awayy from the run of the mill type bars. But tehre are loads and loads of fab placesin Shanghai.

In Suzhou- I stay at the Crown Plaza- beautiful hotel and views over the lake.

There is a lovely spa in suzhou on the lake- Li Gong Ti- its within a resort and is fab- little huts over the lake- very nice. Also has a nice Thai restaurant.

Their is also a nice indian called Ganesh http://www.moresuzhou.com/venue/rest...2790-open.html

The Humble Administrators Garden is well worth a look- I went in the winter so it wasnt in bloom but was told it is really stunning when the cherry blossoms are out. it takes a few hours to walk around.

There is also a dance and acrobatics show which is on daily- quite nice to go to if you are there for several evenings. http://www.moresuzhou.com/venue/art/...ents-1261.html

Ill be back with more xxx
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
I hope you get over your Ugly American Syndrome. tell them a joke- try the one below, they love it! Chances are that you will get a few free beers, some reconciliation!!
Yup, it's not all bad. They are friendly for sure and I've had a few free drinks in lieu of cockney education lessons.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:00 pm
Hit 16's

Yup, it's not all bad. They are friendly for sure and I've had a few free drinks in lieu of cockney education lessons.
You sound about as cockney as I do!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

oh and there is the old town- must see- nice at night as its all lit up with lights, you can buy loads of tat there and I saw the biggest cockroach of my life, good for pressies though and just having a mooch. There is also a wold famous dumpling bar there- good for a few hours at least.

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...zaar-BR-1.html
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You sound about as cockney as I do!
I know that. You know that. But the girls in Hooters don't!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:06 pm
Hit 16's

I know that. You know that. But the girls in Hooters don't!
Fair enuff
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

I've had a few free drinks in lieu of cockney education lessons.
That works too . When I was there they were fascinated by a Paki with an Irish accent, even had sex with a few american birds in a 'dark room' they thought an Irish Accent is just so Sexy. Although I was much happier with the Yorkers who thought I was a Scottish Obama – didn’t care much, I was more interested in free beers/shag. Love the yanks.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I agree, Im torn between Irish, Scottish and French accents- all sexy as hell!-

Off to Ireland at the end of July- I will be like a kid in a sweet shop!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:27 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by sherri
That works too . When I was there they were fascinated by a Paki with an Irish accent, even had sex with a few american birds in a 'dark room' they thought an Irish Accent is just so Sexy. Although I was much happier with the Yorkers who thought I was a Scottish Obama – didn’t care much, I was more interested in free beers/shag. Love the yanks.
Probably works better than a Mick with a Pakistani accent.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

would ask my step dad to try this, would let you know if it works better

Last edited by sherri; Jun 20th 2011 at 12:34 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Almost spat out my coffee laughing !!

Last edited by UKCityGent; Jun 20th 2011 at 1:08 pm. Reason: .
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Been to both but can't remember anything that startling about Suzhou as I had a real bad cold also the pollution was pretty bad at the time!

Shanghai, well I don't think you can fail to have fun there. Perhaps you need to grab a copy of Whats On (Shanghai) etc. We liked the French Concession area as it is a bit less highrise and plenty of evening activities! Of course downtown there are lots of entertainment places and expatriate pubs if that's your sort of thing! Also you can walk under the river to the Bund side and even get to Hooters there, I kid you not!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.