Seychelles

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seychelles

Thanks for posting kungpowdow - looks fantastic
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:33 am
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of

Must have about 300 pics all like these. Couldnt stop taking them.

A good underwater camera is another must have.

KPD
Attached Thumbnails Seychelles-1.jpg   Seychelles-2.jpg   Seychelles-6.jpg   Seychelles-3.jpg   Seychelles-4.jpg  

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

We use Atoll Paradise Pvt Ltd for booking in the Maldives.

We stay at Kurumba because it is only 5 minutes from the airport and if you are only there for the weekend you don't want to waste time getting out to distant islands. And it has 6 restaurants.

Last edited by gottheTshirt; Apr 22nd 2013 at 8:46 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
If you're in the UAE them Etihad have some cracking deals on at the minute. You need to go into their shop tho. There's one in Dubai Mall.

Think when I was in there the other day booking our flights one of the offers was for the Maldives and another for Seychelles.
Our flights to the seychelles went up from 2700 to 4200 pp over the two weeks, that it took us to finalise and book. Sucked in, weren't we!

However, our accommodation is cheap. 1kdhs a night for 2 bedrooms, kitchen and 2 small living areas.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

I have been to Maldives once but Seychelles every year since 2008. Seychelles is paradise whereas Maldives is a desert island.

Both countries are amazing in their own right. If you are looking to rent a house then mahe is your best option. Loo for something close to Beau Vallon or Victoria (North and North East of the island). The south west is stunning but much quieter
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I have been to Maldives once but Seychelles every year since 2008. Seychelles is paradise whereas Maldives is a desert island.
The maldives cannot be described as desert islands. They are in the tropics and covered in vegetation. The Palm Dubai etc are desert islands. We are building one in Qatar called the Banana. The publicity shots are taken from the Maldives and look great, but the end result will be some wooden huts on sticks on a desert island overlooking Doha airport. luxury Resort ??

The Maldives are perfect if all you want is sea, sun, food, and drink.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Alright you lot.

Been reading these posts with interest.

The mrs is harping on about going somewhere like Sri Lanka for a weekend, but it doesn't appeal to me. Maldives / Seychelles does. Is it do-able for a 4 dayer?

Also, is it going to bankrupt me?

Researching it myself but haven't started until.....NOW.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Alright you lot.

The mrs is harping on about going somewhere like Sri Lanka for a weekend, but it doesn't appeal to me. Maldives / Seychelles does. Is it do-able for a 4 dayer?

Flights to Mahe are really convenient (well from AD). A morning flight out and a late evening flight back. My husband and his colleague are only coming for 4 days and I'm staying on for a week with another family.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Now I'm really torn...Maldives or Seychelles? Think we can rethink the week too as not sure about the weather? September? October? Anyone?
I think after running around the UK visiting people and entertaining visitors here we all deserve a week flat on our backs in paradise.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kungpowdow

KPD
They look amazing x
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kungpowdow

KPD
By the way, what camera were you using?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by al dente
Flights to Mahe are really convenient (well from AD). A morning flight out and a late evening flight back. My husband and his colleague are only coming for 4 days and I'm staying on for a week with another family.
Thanks AD.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
Now I'm really torn...Maldives or Seychelles? Think we can rethink the week too as not sure about the weather? September? October? Anyone?
I think after running around the UK visiting people and entertaining visitors here we all deserve a week flat on our backs in paradise.
Best times to visit:
- Maldives = December to April
- Seychelles = May to October
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:22 pm
Bothered

kungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud ofkungpowdow has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scamp
Alright you lot.

4 days is doable but come on man its the Maldives. You have to do it justice. Save 4 day trips for the likes of Petra, Beirut, Goa and Sri Lanka and slacken off the annual leave belt for this baby. Its a different animal and you will not regret it.

You're in Dubai so can fly cheap and direct to Male with FlyDubai. Yes the hotels are expensive but get a package and you wont have to cut back on the Pina Coladas...!
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 1:33 pm
Bothered

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
By the way, what camera were you using?
A Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 on full auto settings and a Fujifilm Finepix XP150 for underwater (that shot of the big black tip).

Pretty pleased with the results really.

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.