British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Sexual Harassment (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/sexual-harassment-486373/)

lionheart Oct 10th 2007 8:44 am

Sexual Harassment

Not for the first time, on her way back home from taking our daughter to kindergarten, my wife was stopped in the street by a complete stranger who offered her Dhs.500 to follow him back to his house...presumably for tea and cucumber sandwiches...has anyone else had a similar experience? I told her not to accept anything less than four camels and a goat.

Paidtoplease Oct 10th 2007 8:45 am

Re: Sexual Harassment

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5407442)
Not for the first time, on her way back home from taking our daughter to kindergarten, my wife was stopped in the street by a complete stranger who offered her Dhs.500 to follow him back to his house...presumably for tea and cucumber sandwiches...has anyone else had a similar experience? I told her not to accept anything less than four camels and a goat.

Just once in Mirdif walking down to local shop at night, it happens, either tell them you will call police and take their reg number or ignore.

Inselaffen Oct 10th 2007 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5407446)
Just once in Mirdif walking down to local shop at night, it happens, either tell them you will call police and take their reg number or ignore.

I was waiting to be propositioned by a nice attractive local woman in the street but it never happened and as MH kindly reminded you women are now off my menu for the next 6 months! :sneaky:

shakh your bootie Oct 10th 2007 8:51 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 5407442)

"I go home, you go home, how much?" - it happens all the time....

MataHari Oct 10th 2007 8:54 am

it's never happened to me...I guess they can tell I am not a prostitute...

Paidtoplease Oct 10th 2007 8:55 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5407475)

Gee Thanks....

MataHari Oct 10th 2007 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5407478)
Gee Thanks....

for nothing you mean...

Inselaffen Oct 10th 2007 8:57 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5407465)
"I go home, you go home, how much?" - it happens all the time....

but thats just the women you chat-up. They offer to pay you to make sure you go to your home so that you won't follow them to their's.

shakh your bootie Oct 10th 2007 8:58 am

I think you are giving credit for intelligence that is undue. White + female = loose woman for certain individuals...

You just need to start going to the wrong places...

Paidtoplease Oct 10th 2007 8:58 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5407480)
for nothing you mean...

No for making me realise that by wearing a pelmet for a skirt, mega high red platform shoes, and a boob tube, may make me look like I may be a prostitute !!!

Inselaffen Oct 10th 2007 8:58 am

they just assume they couldnt afford your services!

MataHari Oct 10th 2007 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5407492)
they just assume they couldnt afford your services!

I like the way you are thinking...

MataHari Oct 10th 2007 9:03 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 5407490)
I think you are giving credit for intelligence that is undue. White + female = loose woman for certain individuals...

You just need to start going to the wrong places...

Oh I know what men are like...

shakh your bootie Oct 10th 2007 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5407491)
No for making me realise that by wearing a pelmet for a skirt, mega high red platform shoes, and a boob tube, may make me look like I may be a prostitute !!!

Are you sure you're busy Sunday? There's such a thing as a better offer, y'know....

MataHari Oct 10th 2007 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease (Post 5407491)

the Britney look...