Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Sex and the City in Abu Dhabi

Sex and the City in Abu Dhabi

Old May 30th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sex and the City in Abu Dhabi

Sounds like a remake of Borat with a horse and some arabs in it.

I watched a few minutes of the series once. I had the choice of that or sharing a small elevator with a Turkish fat guy called Oglu Alioglu.
It was just a loop of mutual masturbation while they kept repeating the words 'Manolo Blahnik' over and over again.

After a few minutes, I knew I'd made the wrong choice turning Oglu down.
Old May 30th 2010, 9:10 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Sounds like a remake of Borat with a horse and some arabs in it.

I watched a few minutes of the series once. I had the choice of that or sharing a small elevator with a Turkish fat guy called Oglu Alioglu.
It was just a loop of mutual masturbation while they kept repeating the words 'Manolo Blahnik' over and over again.

After a few minutes, I knew I'd made the wrong choice turning Oglu down.
Isn;t the whole thing written by a man anyway?
Old May 30th 2010, 9:30 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Seems that even Americans think the film is stupid.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/b...nt?oid=4132715

-
true, but they are also voting in admissions... ie, not going....

Sex and the City 2 notched an estimated $32.1 million on approximately 6,100 screens at 3,445 locations, bringing its total to $46.3 million since its Thursday debut. That's a huge step backwards from the first Sex and the City, which bagged $57 million on its first weekend. Distributor Warner Bros.' exit polling indicated that a whopping 90 percent of Sex 2's audience was female, and 54 percent was under 35 years old. By comparison, the first Sex's opening weekend audience was 83 percent female.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2798&p=.htm
Old May 30th 2010, 9:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

Sex and the City 2 notched an estimated $32.1 million on approximately 6,100 screens at 3,445 locations, bringing its total to $46.3 million since its Thursday debut. That's a huge step backwards from the first Sex and the City, which bagged $57 million on its first weekend. Distributor Warner Bros.' exit polling indicated that a whopping 90 percent of Sex 2's audience was female, and 54 percent was under 35 years old. By comparison, the first Sex's opening weekend audience was 83 percent female.

in all honesty, what twat of an bell end bloke would go and see it? For any reason at all?
Old May 30th 2010, 9:39 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

It's like Louisa May Alcott with Manolos instead of a civil war.
Comfort factor- high five, innocently wrapped up in p.j.'s.
Feelgood chickflick distorted and dismissed cos of the s-e-x- word.
Old May 31st 2010, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they'd ban all shitty films here!!
Old May 31st 2010, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure if SITC was still being aired on telly then the film would have done better, the first film premiered not long after the last series so people were still sitc mad. They have basically taken too long to get it out. If it was on here I'd still go and watch it.

I'd say releasing it at the end of a recession is also bad timing- people don't need to be reminded that they can't afford such luxuries, times have moved on and away from the uber luxury times. It's one thing being desirable but at the moment the lifestyle portrayed in sitc is completely unobtainable and seems very wide of the mark to the current trend in society.

Also noone ( as in the viewers) liked Big and Carrie shouldn't of married him so you went off her for making a shite decision- even if she does look like a horse she could have done better and she went right down ineveryones estimation by doing so.

Saying its written by a man means nothing- most fashion designers are men- camp as a row of tents but still men...
Old May 31st 2010, 7:11 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder how long they will stretch the series out for....
Attached Thumbnails Sex and the City in Abu Dhabi-25201_10150144373565577_539210576_11414761_6973176_n.jpg  
Old May 31st 2010, 7:14 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
in all honesty, what twat of an bell end bloke would go and see it? For any reason at all?
On the off-chance of seeing some ta-ta's?
Old May 31st 2010, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I was dragged to see the first one by the Mrs. No offense taken
Old May 31st 2010, 10:50 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
I was dragged to see the first one by the Mrs. No offense taken
Suprised you could see it from under her thumb......