Setting up on your own

Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:52 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting up on your own

Originally Posted by Spugsy
erm, ok so how do I get a visa then? without all of that and just get paid cash?
you cant

sorry mate but long story short you cant, getting paid cash is no issue but the visa will cost you.

only way round it is if the wife sponsors you, you get/pay a mate who runs a company to sponsor you or you get your current co to sponsor you. the only other way is your own co either in a freezone or as a local firm in a joint venture with a local

cheapest would be a mates co but that will still sting you for visa fees of about 8k for the first 3 yrs plus whatever the current deposit is.

if it were me (and this is exactly what i did)
do some freelance while your on your current co's sponsorship and save up the cash to set up your own show.

ps if you want to go freezone you'll need about 300,000aed deposited in the bank and proof of it
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:55 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to say, setting up a business here is a ****ing joke. you can set up a fully legal and above board Ltd co in the UK in less than 24hrs for about £100 fully registered with open bank accounts and start trading the next day. Here its an utter ball ache and takes an absolute minimum of a couple of weeks and at least £5000.....****ing joke so it is
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:01 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
forgot to say, setting up a business here is a ****ing joke. you can set up a fully legal and above board Ltd co in the UK in less than 24hrs for about £100 fully registered with open bank accounts and start trading the next day. Here its an utter ball ache and takes an absolute minimum of a couple of weeks and at least £5000.....****ing joke so it is
true... but no VAT returns, yearly tax returns, NI contributions.... they were a pain in the ass... but - no not worth 5kGBP....
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Hi Spugsy
There are companies that offer this type of service. As an example you could contact Links in Dubai. http://www.linksdubai.com/ It works on a monthly fee basis

I know of people who have companies, but no trade licence, as their trade licence is through these types of companies.

Hope that helps! (Will you need a PA....even one from home? )

Edited to say: So (if you used this company) - Links would be your sponsor. You would be on their visa. So no need to get your own etc.

Last edited by Ditzy; Jul 30th 2009 at 2:09 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ditzy
Hi Spugsy
There are companies that offer this type of service. As an example you could contact Links in Dubai. http://www.linksdubai.com/ It works on a monthly fee basis

I know of people who have companies, but no trade licence, as their trade licence is through these types of companies.

Hope that helps! (Will you need a PA....even one from home? )

Edited to say: So (if you used this company) - Links would be your sponsor. You would be on their visa. So no need to get your own etc.
Links! that's them was trying to think of their name!! Spugsy you could try them.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:04 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's illegal mate, you have to have an office address to get the Trade License. There are ways around it but I don't know how, you hire a virtual office I think in the Fairmont. Someone will know.
I use Signature as my virtual office in the Fairmont Dubai. You get your own 'secretary" who answers a telephone number and fax number dedicated to you, as well as an office address. He/she then forwards the phone call to you at home and asks if you want to speak to the person telephoning.

PS plus you use your sponsor's trade licence for your professional service.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:38 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by MacScot
I use Signature as my virtual office in the Fairmont Dubai. You get your own 'secretary" who answers a telephone number and fax number dedicated to you, as well as an office address. He/she then forwards the phone call to you at home and asks if you want to speak to the person telephoning.

PS plus you use your sponsor's trade licence for your professional service.
lololol we share "secretarys" then

With a properly set up jv ie with Links you do have a trade license and must comply to one the jv partner holds or gets on your behalf.
Also if i recall you do pay monthly but there is an initial set up cost of around 25k which covers your visa costs

auto: didnt mind most of it but VAT did piss me off on a regular basis but no not £5k worth of pissed off
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:43 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

lololol we share "secretarys" then

With a properly set up jv ie with Links you do have a trade license and must comply to one the jv partner holds or gets on your behalf.
Also if i recall you do pay monthly but there is an initial set up cost of around 25k which covers your visa costs

auto: didnt mind most of it but VAT did piss me off on a regular basis but no not £5k worth of pissed off
Haha I thought there must be other BEs in this situation with Links and Signature..I have recommended Links to a few..but alas no commission because BE'ers have anonymous names.

Yes, set up about 22,000 Dhs (includes Visa fees of 10,000 Dhs), Annual fee of 20,000 Dhs, monthly fee of 2,000 Dhs per person in your professional firm. To me its equivalent to an annual tax of about 3 to 4% compared to 51% in Oz.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:46 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by MacScot
Haha I thought there must be other BEs in this situation with Links and Signature..I have recommended Links to a few..but alas no commission because BE'ers have anonymous names.

Yes, set up about 22,000 Dhs (includes Visa fees of 10,000 Dhs), Annual fee of 20,000 Dhs, monthly fee of 2,000 Dhs per person in your professional firm. To me its equivalent to an annual tax of about 3 to 4% compared to 51% in Oz.
lolol

good biz for links though, thye must be raking it in
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:07 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

lolol

good biz for links though, thye must be raking it in
then we should all get together and set up our own links then we will all be raking it in! where's Pauldxb he is always looking for business ventures!
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

We have recently set up a RAK media zone company, after having explored various options. This was the best value. Approx AED 27k to set up, AED 20k renewal fees. You have to have at least AED 100k in a bank acount to get approval too.

Spugsy - if you find anyone to put you on their compnay visa, expect to pay at least AED5k as that is the minimum cost.

-