Serial Killers

Old May 5th 2009, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Serial Killers

I enjoy books and documentarys about serial killers - Forensic Investigators is my favorite show. I was quite excited when Mark Dixie was arrested and charged with that poor young girls murder in the UK and that he was a suspect in the Claremont Serial Killings in Perth, Western Australia. And disappointed when it turned out not to be him, but I'm still not convinced.
Old May 5th 2009, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Leslie66
The BTK killer is my worst/favorite serial killer. He is quoted as saying that he killed because he was bored. All I know is that he scares the bejeezus out of me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader
I have a book about BTK. Have read plenty of books re serial killers,but he is the one that sickened me the most I think.

As for "favourites", probably Jeffrey Dahmer and Dennis Nielson.
Old May 5th 2009, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Just as a matter of interest, there is a small article in 7 Days today about a woman who reckons her father was the Zodiac killer. Now there would be a good one to get solved!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I read Maxim magazine...Got an email from them 2 weeks ago saying that they will be no more...That would definitely send me on a killing spree...
You can consider this as a formal participation confirmation on your Favourite Serial killer awards...
Old May 5th 2009, 2:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morecambe Mindy
I have a book about BTK. Have read plenty of books re serial killers,but he is the one that sickened me the most I think.

As for "favourites", probably Jeffrey Dahmer and Dennis Nielson.
Yeah, me too. I actually had to stop myself from reading or watching anything about him because of it. What do you think it is about him that bothered you more than others? For me it may have been the way he "stalked" his victims and often knew them fairly well. The thought of knowing somebody and then knowing it was them that was killing you ... very creepy.
Old May 5th 2009, 2:08 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Just stuck my nose in here, wow, Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind with you lot !
What the hell are you talking about? Who is identifying with and/or falling in love with serial killers here? I can study the habits of a pot bellied pig that doesn't mean that I identify with the pig.
Old May 5th 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

A woman is claiming her dad was the Zodiac Killer.
Old May 5th 2009, 5:06 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by seraphnina
A woman is claiming her dad was the Zodiac Killer.
She seems to have serious case of "lack of urgency" if it is actually true.
Old May 5th 2009, 5:14 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

There was a guy trainhopping who would get off at random spots, walk to a house and kill.... I can't ever feel the same nostalgia about trains that I used to have!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Maturino_Resendiz
Old May 8th 2009, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

More interesting are the unknown ones throughout the world. I always wondered about third world and war torn countries they must also have their fair share of intelligent evil guys and there they are more likely to get away with their crimes. Even in the west, the murder rate in the UK is around 400 per year, yet 100000s go missing each year even if 1% of those were murdered and you account for criminal underworld killings and one off killings that were well disguised that leaves 100s of unknown murders (very conservative estimate)

I think people are fascinated with serial killers because they are intelligent, social, charismatic and skilled, in contrast to mass murderers who are usually weak and incompetent outcast (or people who have broken down) whose names we usually end up forgetting. Eg Most people in UK know who and what the American Ted Bundy was, how many people know who the British Thomas Watt Hamiltan was, bearing in mind that Ted's story was decades before Thomas. And there is something scary and en-captivating about the evil one that you can't pass off as being obviously screwed up, the one that you probably thought of as gifted, fun to be with, and who could have established any type of relationship he wanted to with you.
Old May 9th 2009, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
Even in the west, the murder rate in the UK is around 400 per year, yet 100000s go missing each year
100000s eh, thats an ambitious figure..
Old May 9th 2009, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by admon
100000s eh, thats an ambitious figure..
Around 210,000 go missing each year, many return within 24 hours. The majority end up returning or being accounted for within 24- 1 year, remember at the very least the minority who disappear never to be heard of again can be 2,100, and at the most 102,900. So even if only 1% of missing people were killed that still leaves 2,100 unknown murders. Basically there are more serial killers than we think out there, and I would also bet that some serial killers are already in jail, but have only been convicted for 1 or 2 murders or other less serious crimes and the full extent of their crimes we will never know.
Old May 9th 2009, 3:48 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Around 210,000 go missing each year, many return within 24 hours. The majority end up returning or being accounted for within 24- 1 year, remember at the very least the minority who disappear never to be heard of again can be 2,100, and at the most 102,900. So even if only 1% of missing people were killed that still leaves 2,100 unknown murders. Basically there are more serial killers than we think out there, and I would also bet that some serial killers are already in jail, but have only been convicted for 1 or 2 murders or other less serious crimes and the full extent of their crimes we will never know.
agree with your last comment wholeheartedly, Peter Sutcliffe hasn't confessed to all the killings he made, just the ones the police had on him, there plenty unsolved murders in West Yorkshire.
Old May 9th 2009, 4:42 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Can I borrow your calculator when it comes time to re-negotiate my contract?

Can you also teach me how to use it 'cause, according to your sums, I haven't a bloody clue about arithmetic.