Semantics

Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Semantics

OK...so let's say you did something that if direct would be a bit naughty.

But you did it in an indirect way, in fact...not even mentioning what you may want to achieve, but leaving an individual open to nominating them for what you're trying to get.

Would you still be in the firing line for doing what your not meant to do because it was worded in a way which in no way suggests you want the recipient to act....even though it may be something that you want?

(apologies if that makes no sense)
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Semantics

Apology accepted.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Apology accepted.
Alright, I'll try again.

I want you to give me X
But I ask for Y (hoping you give me X and Y, but happy with either on their own)
You get shitty because I'm not meant to ask for X
I say I never asked for X

Can you still get shitty with me? Even though at no point I asked for X...
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:54 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I don't give blowjobs.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

BB you beat me to it.

ffs just ask her - in a direct way
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Scamp just got owned
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by goonerseba
BB you beat me to it.

ffs just ask her - in a direct way
Not like that.

It's in a professional type environment.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:03 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Scamp
Not like that.

It's in a professional type environment.
And I rarely accept blowjobs in the office.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:06 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

so scamp are you trying to steal a client or a candidate from your co worker?

would you really eat your own children as well?
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shiva
so scamp are you trying to steal a client or a candidate from your co worker?

would you really eat your own children as well?
No no, nothing like that.

No, probably not.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:16 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

No no, nothing like that.

No, probably not.
jesus man if its office equipment then just buy one
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:17 pm
Hit 16's

No reason for the other person to get shitty. You gave him the option of ignoring the tacit request for X and giving you Y instead. That's the way many negotiations are done.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

No reason for the other person to get shitty. You gave him the option of ignoring the tacit request for X and giving you Y instead. That's the way many negotiations are done.
Given your background is there any legal issue concerning it?

As in;

Party A know what I want and what I'm doing
I deny and maintain I'm asking for Y not X

Even though a touch obvious...I've not asked for it directly.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:31 pm
Hit 16's

Given your background is there any legal issue concerning it?

As in;

Party A know what I want and what I'm doing
I deny and maintain I'm asking for Y not X

Even though a touch obvious...I've not asked for it directly.
Er...that's a big question. So much depends on context. If you've not gone into writing then there's unlikely to be much to worry about. PM if you want and I'll use my entire legal knowledge derived from watching every episode of Kavanagh QC, Rumpole and Silk. It'll cost you a pint and comes with caveat emptor.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Er...that's a big question. So much depends on context. If you've not gone into writing then there's unlikely to be much to worry about. PM if you want and I'll use my entire legal knowledge derived from watching every episode of Kavanagh QC, Rumpole and Silk. It'll cost you a pint and comes with caveat emptor.
You managed to get this far into the most surreal thread in history - and you're worried about context???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.