Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Selling my car, anyone interested?

Selling my car, anyone interested?

Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling my car, anyone interested?

Originally Posted by commander
or drive it left hand drive in the UK!!!
you can't its illegal the car wouldn't pass it's MOT
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:20 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you can't its illegal the car wouldn't pass it's MOT
are you sure, it may have changed now of course but we drove a left hand drive abu dhabi import round the uk for years legally
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:26 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
are you sure, it may have changed now of course but we drove a left hand drive abu dhabi import round the uk for years legally
it changed, I am sure of it, we looked into it a while back and you can only import for export reasons if that makes sense, tourists obviously visit but they aren't permanent residents. I am not sure where you could find out for sure, like a link or something but I have been told by a few people that they fail their MOT's unless the are converted.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

it changed, I am sure of it, we looked into it a while back and you can only import for export reasons if that makes sense, tourists obviously visit but they aren't permanent residents. I am not sure where you could find out for sure, like a link or something but I have been told by a few people that they fail their MOT's unless the are converted.
Well i just got offered the full asking price which is great, now to see if he actually rings me tomorrow...

Touch wood, by the way , heard Jordans coming to town BC!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
Well i just got offered the full asking price which is great, now to see if he actually rings me tomorrow...

Well done!
Old Oct 5th 2009, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure that is true... my mate has a load of LHD american cars and they always get through the MOT
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by deemi786

really!!! when? will ring you
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:22 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Not sure that is true... my mate has a load of LHD american cars and they always get through the MOT
same here...i smell shoite..

unless of course as BC states, it has changed..
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Re-registering a car : Can i re-registrer the car on behalf of my other half or does she have to do it ? If i can what apart from the new Insurance policy & the white car registration card do i need ?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:10 am
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Re-registering a car : Can i re-registrer the car on behalf of my other half or does she have to do it ? If i can what apart from the new Insurance policy & the white car registration card do i need ?
If its your other half why re-register?? Both parties need to be there for de-registration only. Then the other half of the party for the registration.
Yes the white card is needed as its your friggin car registration! What question is that?
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:41 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by pauldxb
residency visa, insurance and you can do it
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:35 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

residency visa, insurance and you can do it
Residency Visa is not required any more upon renewal or de-registration. Only a new person registering and his info is not on the system Or if any change on the new passport
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:33 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Tiger989
Residency Visa is not required any more upon renewal or de-registration. Only a new person registering and his info is not on the system Or if any change on the new passport
I would take it anyway they change their minds like they change their knickers
Old Oct 7th 2009, 5:06 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

I would take it anyway they change their minds like they change their knickers
I disagree.. They change their minds more than once a week...!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

YESSSSS, the car sold today for the asking price... thank god.

FYI

If like me you need to "test" your car prior to transferring it over to the new owner BEWARE of another NEW law preventing you from passing your test.

You will NOT pass the test if you do NOT have a flipping foldable hazard triangle thingamajig!

And just by coincidence they sell them at the test centre by the bucket load for 25dhs a pop!

Cheeky feckers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.